Webinterface not working after firmware update

Hey guys,

Yesterday I bought the MBL.

I manually updated the firmware of my MBL drive to Firmware Release 2.02.02 -020 (8/31/2011)

now I can’t access the dashboard because I don’t have the permission…

I tested several Browsers like Firefox. Internet Explorer and Opera, always the same problem:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /UI on this server.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny9 with Suhosin-Patch mod_SSL/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8m Server at 169.254.10.4 Port 80

Im still able to get access to my files over the windows explorer, any ideas how I can get the Dashboard back? like a firmware update without access to the webinterface?

Maybe I was stupid because my MBL had an older firmware rev 1.5xxx…

best regards

Chris

Hey chriswi,

Sorry to hear this but;

misery loves company, I’ve had mine for a while, 1TB. I updated my firmware last night after being prompted by the dashboard and I have the similar results. I cannot access my drive from my Droid running wd2go or through the Web login. (wd2go.com)

Internally behind my router it works fine. Windows sees it perfectly etc… I did shutdown and reboots, no help.

I get all kinds of errors, SSL socket failures via web access etc… basically it’s useless now.  Network Failure 906, 1000 on the Droid.

I hope someone here can give us a few tips, I’ll update if I come up with anything.

This drive worked perfectly outside of my network and inside before the latest firmware upgrade.

Bill_TA