Webdav - ipad app access

Hi,

I’ve had a search through the forum, but I just wanted to get a clear answer before I waste any more time on this.

Is there any way of being able to get webdav access through an iPAD app such as Pages or Office 2 HD to the MBL. I’ve read one version that says that you should be able to create a new user, then a new private share. After that you login to your browser via: https://local ip/nameofnewshare and then use your new user login details. Then supposedly you are able to repeat this using https://externalip/nameofnewshare and you will have access. This did not work for me (namely using the local ip url as my login details were not accepted).

I’ve read another version where it says you can use your url from WD2 go along with your login instructions. This didn’t work either.

To be clear, I don’t want to use ssh or install anything. I just want to know if there is the ability to use the MBL for this purpose out of the box.

Thanks.

Sorry - can this get shifted over to the MBL forum. Thanks.

What you’re describing isn’t WebDAV.

WebDAV can’t be accessed just by way of pointing your browser to a URL… it’s substantially more complicated than that.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

What you’re describing isn’t WebDAV.

WebDAV can’t be accessed just by way of pointing your browser to a URL… it’s substantially more complicated than that.

Ok fair enough… I don’t understand the concept fully.

But say for instance I have Office2 HD. As far as I can see, to avoid the annoying process of having to use ‘Open with’ both ways with the WD2 go app to edit and save a document on the Ipad, the only way to access the MBL via this app is to click on ‘Other Webdav’ service which asks for a url, login name and password. Is there anyway to use this facility to access the MBL, using Webdav or not.

Thanks.

I’m not sure, really. I’ve tried using a few third party WebDAV clients to access the WD remotely, all without success. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be done, I just don’t know how. :slight_smile:

There is a app, “It’s Playing” for iPad