Web UI - Can't login

I’ve reset the Web UI  password in the setup menu.  I use “admin” as the password (with and without quotes, caps lock on and off).  Still says I need to enter the “correct” password.  

I’ve reset to factory default; restarted; power cycled; tried “Admin”,“password”, “Password” … no go.

FW vers 2.07 … Now what?

To perform a device reset:

1. Press / to select Device Reset, then press OK.
  2. Press / to select Reset Web Interface Login option, then press OK.
  3. Select OK in the confirmation screen, then press OK.

Fully power down by pressing and holding the power button. 

Wait a few seconds.  Turn the Live Hub back on.  

Connect to the web ui.

You may have to press the button on the bottom on your device.  <— easiest method.

Thanks much for the responce … but,

"To perform a device reset:

1. Press / to select Device Reset, then press OK."

Yup

“2. Press / to select Reset Web Interface Login option, then press OK.”

Yup

“3. Select OK in the confirmation screen, then press OK.”

Yup

"Fully power down by pressing and holding the power button. 

Wait a few seconds.  Turn the Live Hub back on.  

Connect to the web ui."

Yup, still no joy.

“You may have to press the button on the bottom on your device.  <— easiest method.”

I was running late this morning … I try tonight.  (I’m not holding on to a lot of hope)

Thanks again,

GCG

" -“You may have to press the button on the bottom on your device.  <— easiest method.”

I was running late this morning … I try tonight.  (I’m not holding on to a lot of hope) -"

Tried it.  Still nada.  Would reloading the FW be usefull?

GCG

That’s strange.   When I first  received each of my LiveHubs, I have had the same issues as well.  Try unplugging the device and plugging it back in?

GulfcoastGuy wrote:

FW vers 2.07 … Now what?

Have you tried a different browser?

“Have you tried a different browser?”

Yup,  Normally I use Google Chrome but I get the same thing with IE8.  Last night I upgraded to FW vers 3.01 … still no go.  I’ve powercycled both with the front button and by pulling the plug.  I’ve even disabled my laptop’s firewall briefly to no avail.  This weekend I’m going to move my router to the kitchen desk and hookup with a hard line and see if tha helps.

I know I lose Twonky if I can’t get this working but I think I can live without that. What else?

@Tony or anyone, how do you quote a post on this forum?

GCG

REPLY to the post you want to quote, and then hit the QUOTE button (next to Spell Check)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

REPLY to the post you want to quote, and then hit the QUOTE button (next to Spell Check)

Duh … Thanks

GCG

Try this

1. go to   http:// LIVEHUBIPADDRESS /DB/database.db
  2. Save the file.
  3. Open the file with notepad
  4. The password in is the database.db   After a reset it should be admin

IamTonyC wrote:

Try this

1. go to   http:// LIVEHUBIPADDRESS /DB/database.db
  2. Save the file.
  3. Open the file with notepad
  4. The password in is the database.db   After a reset it should be admin
    • *> *************************************************file contents********************************************************> SQLite format 3 @ Œ q [ î[© ˜ q › otableweb_alertweb_alertCREATE TABLE “web_alert” (“FULL_CAP_RD” CHAR NOT NULL DEFAULT n , “UPDATE_FIRMWARE_RD” CHAR NOT NULL DEFAULT n) %%Ctableweb_passwordweb_passwordCREATE TABLE “web_password” (“user_id” INTEGER PRIMARY KEY ,“user_password_pw” VARCHAR(40)) 8 ƒ c UtableDB_infoDB_infoCREATE TABLE “DB_info” (“DB_version” VARCHAR DEFAULT 1.00) ö ö admin ù ù 1.0 ù ù nn

************************************************************************************************************************

Here’s what I get when I enter “admin” or copy and paste the admin text from the db.

Support has recommended to have the unit replaced under warranty.  I’m copying what I’ve got on it so far off and I’ll be taking it back to BestBuy this weekend.

Thanks for the info, though.

GCG

I replaced the Hub at BestBuy … same thing … so now it sounds like something on my end.

I’ve tried disabling my laptop’s firewall briefly … no joy.

… same on the router’s firewall … still no joy.

I get the UI webpage and it recognizes when “no” password is submitted.

… Got some head scratchin’ to do.

GCG

Just to keep things updated, I tried running a hardline from the laptop to the router.  The Hub has always been on a hard line. … Still no joy.

Now  for some more details.

Router - Netgear WNDR3300

Third party router firmware - dd-wrt (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/02/10) std-nokaid-nohot-nostore)

Thoughts?

GCG

Ok, let me think out of the box here.  :)

Go download one of the many Linux “Live” distributions and burn it to a bootable DVD / CD or USB (whatever your system will boot from)  like Fedora or Ubuntu.

Boot from it and use the built-in browser (which is usually Firefox).

See if *that* works.

If it does, then I think it clearly points to something in your windows build…  maybe a corrupt Java install or something?  ( I don’t know anything about Java, so that’s really a shot in the dark…)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Ok, let me think out of the box here.  :)

Go download one of the many Linux “Live” distributions and burn it to a bootable DVD / CD or USB (whatever your system will boot from)  like Fedora or Ubuntu.

Boot from it and use the built-in browser (which is usually Firefox).

See if *that* works.

If it does, then I think it clearly points to something in your windows build…  maybe a corrupt Java install or something?  ( I don’t know anything about Java, so that’s really a shot in the dark…)

I’m running Vista 64 now but have a Windows 7 upgrade in a drawer that I’ve just never installed.  Worth a try I guess.

Thanks

GCG

Well I can login with my android phone but still can’t from the laptop.  I may try upgrading to IE9 but neither my wife or I like it.  That’s why I backed it back down to IE8.

GCG

Upgraded to IE9 … no go.  

GulfcoastGuy wrote:

Well I can login with my android phone but still can’t from the laptop.  I may try upgrading to IE9 but neither my wife or I like it.  That’s why I backed it back down to IE8.

GCG

Well, thats a good sign.  It works.  So the issue is isolated to the PC.  Perhaps a password was autosaved from before, and its autofilling the field everytime?  You already tried Chrome and IE, and they both do the same thing.

• IE in safemode w/ no plugins.  There may be in icon for it.  or do this
  1. Go to start
  2. Run
  3. iexplore.exe -extoff
  4. try to log in
  • Perhaps a password was autosaved from before, and its autofilling the field everytime? 

• Try Firefox. 

• Check your Windows Regional and Language settings in control panel.  “Text Services and Input Languages”   D oubt this could be it, as I’m sure you typed “admin” in notepad, or in the address bar/notepad/msword, etc… and it looks like the work “admin”.   And being from the Gulf Coast, I don’t think you have a non US keyboard or settings.  

On another note, earlier in the thread, you mentioned that you would lose Twonky access.  I believe you can turn that on from the Hub setup (on the tv).  Havent looked in setup lately, but I believe its under system.

Updating the OS for this is not recommended and probably a tad more than needed.

Turned out to be my security software CA Internet Security Suite.  I replaced it with Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security. 

Problem solved.

GCG