Web management / configuration console Login problem

Hi, I am trying to connect to my WD Live TV through web interface OR via WD Link software. he WD Link software detects the device. I select my device and push the “Configure” buton in WD Link software. A web page which is WD Live TV login page opens in a web browser window. I enter the password that I’ve already set under Setup => System => Device Security menu of the device but it says “Please enter the correct password”!!

I’ve Reset the device several times and have tried several firmware versions but the problem persists! What’s the solution? is there a master password that I may need to know?

What box do you have?   The WDTV Live and Live + don’t have the function you’re talking about.

I think your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player is here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Media/ct-p/wdtvlive_streaming

But also, if you’re talking about the 2011 WDTV Live SMP, the DEVICE SECURITY password is *not* the Web password.

The web password is documented in your manual, unless you changed it on the web page itself.

Thak you, I reposted it there.

I couldn’t find it in the manual either!

You were right. I found it in usr’s manual!  I don’t know why I couldn’t find it before!

The default password is “admin”