Web Link Drive Mapping

I have the My Cloud product and I am able to use the web-based GUI to see my files remotely and to add new files to my share when I am not connected to my home network. When I am at home, I have a drive mapped to my My Cloud device and it works just fine. What I would like to know is, is it possible to map the drive letter in such a way that it will connect to my device over the internet when I am not connected to my home network. For instance, I also have a OneDrive (which I do not like very much) and I am able to map the drive letter to https://d.docs.live.net/. When I click on the drive letter, I am prompted to enter my OneDrive login and password. This way I can save my files to my drive letter whether I am at home or traveling. I would rather use my My Cloud product. Is it possible to connect to my My Cloud in this way?

I have a couple of computers–the one I use most has Windows 7.

No. Not officially.

It used to be possible, but WD decided to take that feature away, without an adequate explanation of why.

So the only solutions are to use set up a VPN so you can remotely access your home network as if you were connected locally, or use Nazar’s CloudDAVMod. If you have a Gen1/v4 device.