Web browser

just like the hub and the smp. under system / about and then press search button

1 Like

need to check on this one

Yes, the browser is there!

FYI, to get out of the browser, press the Home button on the remote.

i forgot to put that in the post about the home button. i didn’t do my live yet, as soon as i locate it i will do the upgrade. i did try a hub to see if it will work but it doesn’t. the hub does work with both the hub and the smb, so i know that the hub is detected by WDTV products.

Nice find! Now if I could just figure out how to use the remote to enter the text correctly. :slight_smile:

Can anyone recommend a good (inexpensive) keyboard/mouse?

you can use anything just plug in a receiver for wireless or just plug in a usb mouse/keyboard! i used both so far! and it helps when you need a internet connection to connect to various places, like my mom in hospital,in order to use it, i had to have a computer to enter all the password to access the internet now with it built in you just go to browser and enter in the info there and your done!

I like this one…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B004FSFYG8/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0

Or if that one is too small…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keysonic-ACK-540RF-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad/dp/B002WB1JYQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349169568&sr=8-2

Hehe, if that one is too large, a friend has just bought one of these…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-K400-Wireless-Touch-Keyboard/dp/B005LDLQXG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1349169568&sr=8-7

Hello,

is the webbroser also aviable with my WD HD Live? I got the latest Firmware, went to settings/about and pushed the searchbutton. But nothing happens? Sorry, i’m absolutely beginner with this.

Also interesting if theres a way to add more channels to that flingo? It seems that its not supported with this device to add Videos to the queue by computer (no network device)

it worked for me. i finally found my live!  under Settings - System Settings - About, then press the search button. to exit press the home key to leave the browser. i believe this will also work for everybody else. i know i took a long time, but i hope it may been worth it? and you can use a mouse/keyboard also.

somehow for me it doesnt work. Im in the menu system settings, then the last point about (in german it says Info) and press the search button on my remote.

Here it say WD TV Live HD Media Player

Firmware 1.06.15_V

Is there something else i need to use it?

i wonder if it’s diffetent for pal systems mine is USA, so mayny there might be difference in the firmware. like i said my WDTV LIVE and WDTV LivePlus, WDTV Live Hub and the WDTVLive SMP all have the same browser all found the same way under System / About screens.

stopmuh wrote:

somehow for me it doesnt work. Im in the menu system settings, then the last point about (in german it says Info) and press the search button on my remote.

Here it say WD TV Live HD Media Player

Firmware 1.06.15_V

Is there something else i need to use it?

Only the new firmware (1.06.34) has the web browser. The older firmware (1.06.15, 1.06.16) does not have the web browser. If you really want to see the web browser you will have to load the new firmware to your WD device. However, the new firmware has been pulled because of the many problems that the customers have with it. It is probably better to wait for the next firmware release.

you don’t have the current firmware you need 1.6.34_v. which is the latest firmware. V1.6.34_b for the live plus.

ah, heres the problem. Yes, i saw that this update was canceled, so i thought i got the latest. Is it recommended to install it? Or is there any hope that it will be released officially soon?

Is it possible to watch Lovefilm through this browser?

Tried, works. But I`m guessing there is no way downloading plugins, flashplayer etc, in order to play video content from various sites?

You guessed correctly.

Yes, and the navagation actually works pretty well when I plug in a Logitech keyboard with its own USB port, so I can add a wireless mouse. Just like a hugh laptop. Problem is a vast majority of sites use Adobe’s Flash Player plugin, which this Linux Safari browser does not support. OK for shopping and forums, but not much else.