Weather Bug

It would be nice to add Weather Bug internet weather to the menu. This would save me having to go to the computer to get local weather conditions.

seriously?

that’s about the last thing i would want my WDTV to do or the WD staff to work on.

how about DVD menus, pretty sure that’s on a few more WANT lists than a weather button.

+1 for weather bug.

Ewwww menus, If i wanted menu’s I’d use a dvd player, And theres not really many “home made” movies with menu’s unless you’ve made it yourself on the PC, I’d never ever use menu’s i can’t stand them, I rip them from my movies before i put them on my wdtv, Movies play much quicker than the bullcrap that you go through with menu’s.

In fact the main reason i got this was so i could get rid of menu’s haha…

One thing I’d like to see more with it is more internet possibilities, It’s called the WDTV “Live” for a reason, it’s got internet access, So making maybe a plugin script so people can easily make there own plugins for online stuff would be good, Like some of the other competetors have done.

@Josheh, I guess everybody knows now that you don’t need Menu support but if you have look at WDTV Idea page you’ll see that the menu support is by far the most wanted feature. …and NO, they don’t want to buy a DVD player

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/idb-p/idea/tab/most-kudoed

Hey i have nothing against the menu’s and if they bring it in and a whole entire firmware update is just that then i wouldn’t mind, I’m just saying media centers i presumed was to play raw material, And you need to rip your dvd’s before you can play them on the wdtv so why not just rip the whole movie? Why do you need menus ? I guess you can select extras and subtitles) But I’m just saying that they don’t “NEED” to not work on anything, everyone has their own opinions and everyone will dislike / like updates, I’m just saying I’d also like to take advantage of the “Live” features a little more than just using flickr “which by the way is really lame, I don’t like that at all” youtube, Which i use ALL the time, And the music ones that i use a lot also…

I have made DVD menus for all my home made videos (filmed with DVD Handycam). Some DVDs have multiple titles (one for each subject), each with several chapters. 

Come on - I NEED THE DVD MENU SUPPORT before I can play these DVDs on the WDTVLive

I agree. I would love to see Weather Bug widget added in, but don’t think I’m putting down the idea of a menu system, I’m fond of both ideas…Just attempting to stay on topic with supporting Weather Bug.

I’d like to see weather too! Maybe give some options to add multiple weather locations so you can know the weather in other parts of the world that might be relevant to your life… Maybe make it display on the bouncing WD screensaver?

Not meaning to offend anyone (including the OP), but I think you are missing the point of this device completely, this is not an iPhone or a laptop, it’s a media player; it’s got internet access but that shouldn’t be an excuse to make it look like a Dell PC with 10+ useless icons on the system tray. The last thing I’d want WD to do is stuffing a weather bug, a ticker tape and a recipe book, I’d rather have them fixing the bugs and adding more media content.

Oh! A Stock ticker would be awesome too! What a great idea.

While the device is a media player, having these extra features makes it more viable as a media player because it means we don’t have to switch our displays to other devices to view this information. Just my personal opinion of course.

billstpor wrote:

Not meaning to offend anyone (including the OP), but I think you are missing the point of this device completely, this is not an iPhone or a laptop, it’s a media player; it’s got internet access but that shouldn’t be an excuse to make it look like a Dell PC with 10+ useless icons on the system tray. The last thing I’d want WD to do is stuffing a weather bug, a ticker tape and a recipe book, I’d rather have them fixing the bugs and adding more media content.

I agree completely.

We want WD refining the device’s core functions before they even start thinking about adding lots of unnecessary ‘convenience’ stuff.  It’d be pretty sad if they made such extras a permanent feature rather than an opt-in.  

Hopefully, WD will eventually release an API / implement a plug-in system so that those individuals who want an all-singing, all-dancing home hub can mess up their Live however they want.