We have passed this along to support

Theagustin wrote:

pauldwd wrote:

Figured I would provide an update before the Read-Only lockdown. 

Finally performed a Factory System Restore (Data left intact)…  Now it’s like a Brand New system. 

Just re-creating all the accounts and kicked off a new Backup to my Drobo NAS that should take a few days to complete.

Thanks and hopefully this helps anyone suffering the same issues.

This guy said that a System Only Factory Restore solved all his issues with OS 3. I know you spent a lot of time yesterday on that USB issue, but did you try doing a System restore?

Not sure if I would want to. I did a system restore when I upgraded to version 3.04 which took approximately 3 hours of white lighting thinking that it would never return to blue light. It erases all your users and shares and although there are some users who swear by it, I myself don’t think it does anything significant other then fsck on 4tb of data and reseting your shares and user;. although it could reset all the permissions and ownership of which what the USB problem needs. 

I’ll wait for a few more days to see if they may release an upgrade firmware or patch that would fix this, if not, then I might just downgrade instead. 

Thanks for the suggestion Theagustin…

Hello Ralphael,

The “known” issues corrected are:

1. v04.04.00-308 - issue with REST API created folders when accessed through SMB without user crendentials
  2. current patch - issue with sub-folders owned by root:root

What you are reporting is:

I turned off sharing of my Public folder in FW version 3.04 and 4.00x on both cloud by using the edit Public name which gives an error, then I would turn off Public.
After I upgraded to 4.04, I cannot turn on public on the public share folder.

Are these steps accurate

• connect USB device to My Cloud
  • set Media Serving NO (default=ON)
  • set Public NO (default=ON)
  • enable usr Access as needed
  • change the “SAMBA” share name of USB drive in the dashboard (what error message do you get?)
  • reboot
  • your USB drive does not mount

I just executed the above steps under v04.04.00-308 and do not have the issue reported.

The USB is mounted successfully on reboot and I have set it back to Public and Media Serving.

I suspect  “edit Public name which gives an error” may be the root cause, but without logs, I’m just guessing.

Regards,

Samuel Brown