WDTVLive Thumbnails

Well, that sucked. Too many problems and too hard to configure.

I did get the custom firmware running, then had to download lots of ■■■■ from lots of crappy places but theres too many missing links. :frowning:

Nuh its **bleep**.

Tylur wrote:

@wongnog: It only seems to work for some folders for me.  Not really sure why.

reduce the image size to under 70kb, then it should work.  you’ll see the image file in the folder as well as on the folder.  not perfect, but you’ll be able to see the image at least.

Heres a solution. No double jpegs. Just a jpg for the folder. No need to navigate to the folder where theres another **bleep** jpg.

Just press “play” on the folder.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Thumbnails-now-work-for-video-folders/td-p/8106

hope this was of some help  :)

mattyjon70 wrote:

Heres a solution. No double jpegs. Just a jpg for the folder. No need to navigate to the folder where theres another **bleep** jpg.

Just press “play” on the folder.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Thumbnails-now-work-for-video-folders/td-p/8106

hope this was of some help  :)

except you need non WD firmware.  i don’t really want to mess around with my box using open sourced firmware, i’d rather stick to the official firmarew and PRAY that they can fix it and/or sort this issue out.

nice work around though.

From what i understand its based on the original firmware anyway. Basically all of the originally functionality is still there.

You can always downgrade back to WD original firmware anyway. There really isnt much to do.

But of course its your choice :slight_smile:

You had to download stuff?

What, pray tell?

Running the b-rad custom firmware and it took very little to configure and absolutely no extra downloads and I’m on a Mac. I’m bewildered as to what you were trying to accomplish.

The firmware itself

app.bin’s for ftp, samba etc

Some windows tool to use SSH.

FTP program.

You need these things when it dont go.

*Bump* Issue of the Threadstarter still persists! It is a general problem with network shares. It simply lists all video-, picture- and music-filetypes on network shares no matter which media category is picked before.

WD is aware of this and it’s on the “todo” list of things to fix (unfortunately, not fixed in the latest firmware update, so my guess is it’s not going to be fixed until 3rd quarter of this year at the earliest).

It’s my one and only problem with the Live, so I feel your pain .

mkelley wrote:

It’s my one and only problem with the Live, so I feel your pain .

Mine too… never had any of the other problems. Just playing mkv’s and keeping them in one folder on the server with their covers next to 'em…

Hi fellas,

seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel :D. I spoke to a friend of mine, he works at Twonkyvision GmbH here in Berlin/Germany about this issue in february on a barbecue party. Now they released the new v6.0 beta of the Twonky Server http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0-Beta/ with this feature :). Works flawlessly.

regards.