WDTVLive - There is no media available for playback - Music files

you want SMB security, go enable and configure it

by default windows does share out some files and folders, you don’t want that to happen you need to turn them off

you still want to share, but with additional security, you must enable password protected sharing and configure it

if that’s not enough configure samba LANMAN auth and host file entries

and if that’s still not enough you can enable and manage enterprise level security in samba via ACL list

but nobody is going to do it for you

so I’ve also just re-read each of your post above

my only conclusion is that you are completely lost in your understanding of the differences between SMB and DNLA

you have enough info in those post that I can tell they are completely unrelated issues, and the fact that you keep trying to force them to be considered as one issue, just further indicates that you really don’t know how your network is configured for SMB or for DNLA or what the differences are

ok, I’m done, no more help from me

WDTVLIVE_01 wrote:

But WDTVLive it is not accessing my Music Media on my Win7 PC.  That is the issue.

Actually, the issue is you acting like a loudmouthed know-it-all while being completely clueless about the difference between DLNA and SMB and related security issues. That’s just pathetic, another sad example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Talk about entropy…

I think all the points have been more than adequately made.  So, before this goes nowhere fast, I’m closing this thread.