WDTVLive SMP + WinTV-HVR 950Q + not listed countries

Is it possible to watch TV in other countries than those that come in the settings?

I live in Mexico.

lrhlpz,

At this moment, content providers are the ones that decide the most appropriate regions for their services. It is not recommended to attempt to bypass their regional settings.

JStaff wrote:

lrhlpz,

At this moment, content providers are the ones that decide the most appropriate regions for their services. It is not recommended to attempt to bypass their regional settings.

Perfect corporate non-answer.

@OP try Unblock US or any other paid proxy so you change the region your router reports to the internet.

I think I did not explain myself well. I don’t want to use US services, I want  to watch TV (Live TV) using my WinTV-HVR 950Q device connected to my WD TV Live SMP.

I try to configure the Hauppauge app for scanning my cable channels, but my country is not listed.

lrhlpz wrote:

I think I did not explain myself well. I don’t want to use US services, I want  to watch TV (Live TV) using my WinTV-HVR 950Q device connected to my WD TV Live SMP.

I try to configure the Hauppauge app for scanning my cable channels, but my country is not listed.

That’s different. if the device is not listed then it could be physically incompatible.

The device is listed, I can click the hauppauge app and scan for channels, but it can’t find any channel.

Well, I tested the Hauppauge USB Stick and it works on PC, but it is detected by the WD TV Live but can’t detect any TV channel. The device is listed as “working” by WD.

EDIT: Is Live TV (Hauppauge app) region restricted?

the Hauppauge USB Stick stop to work since last firmware

What about future support?

lrhlpz wrote:

What about future support?

No one knows future plans, but I would not hold my breath.