WDTV SMP not recognizing 4 TB HGST Touro anymore - on PC works fine

Hello Guys, i have the ´WDTV SMP’ with the latest Firmware in combination with a HGST Touro 4 TB USB Hard drive and since yesterday the WDTV does not recognize the HDD anymore :frowning: but on my PC it is recognized immediately…so very strange :frowning: If i connect the Hard drive trough the WTDV the lights on both devices are flashing but after few times the WDTV is loosing the Drive… I already deleted the.wdtv Folder on the Drive but that has not helped. Then i changed the Partition Table from MBR to GPT but that doesn’t helped either now the light are not even flashing and still nothing happens - but on PC the USB Drive is still working just fine… What can i do to make the WDTV recognize my HDD again? Please help. Thanks a lot.

If it’s plugged into the rear port it may be this bug that’s fixed in 2.0.1.86.

I tried both ports and its not working on both:(

The strange thing is i had the 4 TB drive already running on the SMP some days ago and now it does not get detected anymore:(

If i connect my old WD 3 TB external drive it works just fine…i dont know why.

What else could i try?

You could test it for errors attached to your PC. Other than that…

Logitex wrote:

The strange thing is i had the 4 TB drive already running on the SMP some days ago and now it does not get detected anymore:(

If i connect my old WD 3 TB external drive it works just fine…i dont know why.

What else could i try?

A drive can stop being detected if it is not ejected from the SMP properly, i.e. Press the eject button on the remote, then select the drive, then press OK, then press OK again.

As Techflaws suggests, plug it into your PC, do an error check on the drive (in explorer, right-click on the drive, select properties, select tools, error check).

When thats done, eject the drive correctly from your PC by using the “Safely Remove Hardware” icon in the notification area.

Hey Guys:)

Thanks for your replys;)

I checked the 4 TB Drive with CHKDSK today and yes there were some errors detected & fixed :slight_smile:

Now the SMP recognizes the Hard Drive normally and Eject works also fine.

Thank you so much Guys :smileyvery-happy: