WDTV SMP cannot log in to NAS via media share

I feel like I have had this problem before, but nothing I have tried in the past has worked so far.

The crux of the issue is this: we lost power for a short time yesterday and when my wife and I sat down to watch a movie, we couldn’t log in to the NAS (a 2tb GoFlex). It shows up, and I can see most of the files (but obviously not the ones we want!) if I access it through the media server option (UpnP).

I can access the NAS through my computers and via the remote access, so I know my password is correct, but I keep getting login error message on the SMP when I try and log in via network shares.

I have tried the following:

Cycled the power on the SMP’s (we have 2 of them, both with the same issue)

I have hit the reset button on the bottom for 4 seconds

I have shutdown all of the PC’s so that the only thing accessing the NAS was the SMP (in the past, something to do with master browser??? This fixed it last time).

I have reset all the network share info on the SMP

I have reset the wireless connection on the SMP

I have tried to reset the GoFlex NAS

I have double checked that I am on the newest firmware

I have not reset to factory default yet

Hopefully that is all the info that you need, if there is more, I will try my best to get it for you.

Thanks

Hi,

As a recommendation, turn the media library off and turned back on after a few seconds, this will make the device to scan all the media again to re-discover all the files on the network.

One thing I found, if you haven’t tried it already, is to use lower case for the username during signon.  I had issues trying to sign on to my NAS and Win 7 laptop if I used upper case.