Wdtv remote dont work out of the box are there any other options?

REMOTE DONT WORK I DONT KNOW WHY I TRIED THE ANDROID REMOTE BUT IT NEEDS ISP OR SOMETHING BUT SINCE I CANT EVEN NAVIGATE THE WDTV I CANT GET TO ANYTHING IS THERE A WAY TO CONNECT THE WDTV TO THE COMPUER AND GET INFO OF OF IT?

In Windows 7 open the Network screen by clicking Start->Network.

After all the devices have appeared you should see a device called WDTV.

Right-click this device and select “View device webpage” to display the Web UI login page.

In the Web UI login page type “admin” (the default password) and click “Login” (make sure you select the accept license agreement box)

On the first page click “Remote”

This opens a virtual remote control.

Have fun and good luck!

NOTE - I just realized that the instructions I gave are for the WD Live HUB (not the regular WD Live) but I am sure the methods are similar if not identical.

Btw… did you check the batteries? :slight_smile:

Hi, I have a 7-8 years old WD TV HD Media Player and I am not able to make a firmware update.
I am not an expert guy and I’d like to ask some questions.

Is my WD TV HD Media Player first or second generation?
What firmware have I to download precisely? I don’t know my precse model.
Now my firmware is v. 1.03.01.

In the video config. on the bottom I see on the left NTSC/PAL and on the right NTSC. In my country there is a PAL.
Because am I not able to choise PAL? That button is disabled.

I have try to do a test to plug a USB memory but my WD TV HD Media Player load it but it doesn’t see the firmware.
In the PDF Instructions I see:
6. Select the firmware upgrade icon, and then press ENTER)
But I don’t see upgrade icon.
May be I load a wrong firmware?

Thanks for your help!

FoxAdriano:  You are in the wrong forum.

The WDTV HD forum is HERE:   http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-HD/bd-p/tv_hd

But I’ll answer your question.

The Gen 1 / Gen 2 is determined by the MODEL NUMBER.

GEN1:  WDAVNxxxxx

GEN2:  WDBABFxxxx

If you have firmware 1.03.01, that is a GEN1, because the latest firmware for GEN2 is 1.01.77.   1.03.01 is already the latest version for your device.

To change between PAL and NTSC (and vice versa) use a paperclip and hold the reset button down for MORE than 10 seconds.

use a paperclip and hold the reset button down for MORE than 10 seconds

Thanks a lot for your availability.

It is incredible but on my WD there are very little writings and I haven’t even seen them with a powerful magnifying glass, may be I have to buy a electron microscope. :wink:

Can you tell me if tthe reset button stay at rear place of WD?
Thanks

It’s on the side of the unit, next to USB1.

i have xp and how do you connect to the network without even being able to access the wdtv to connect to the router