WDTV Remote app for Android no longer works

Tried your suggestion - still no luck. I will try buying a new wireless router and see if that helps. If not, it’s gotta be the WDTV unit itself.

I’m pleased to inform that my issue has been resolved. Apparently, there was a setting in the routers advanced options, that was causing this issue. It took a call to Verizon, who, by the way, weren’t helpful as they claim they don’t provide any technical assistance with the wireless router beyond the responsibility that it connects the wireless devices, and a call to the router manufacturer, Actiontec, who, even though are not supposed to provide technical assistance on Verizon routers, were still gracious enough to provide a suggestion to my problem that finally cured it!

Long story short, the suggestion the Actiontec tech guy made (thank you so much if you ever see this post), is to set the IGMP Proxy at  Disabled. Once I did that, everything started to work. The WD Remote and ZappoTV app both are working now. I still don’t understand why this option was set at the Enabled setting before, as I had not made any changes to it myself, and according to the Actiontec tech guy, they did not send any firmware upgrades to Verizon in at least two years for this setting to be different, but I DONT CARE as it’s working now.

So for those of you who may be experiencing the same issue with the Verizon router manufactured by Actiontec “MI424WR Rev. F” try this option.

i disabled IGMP proxy and vuala everything works great. Thank you.

Hi,

Any of you who know how to get the Android remote app working for a WDTV Live [Gen2] ? (WDBAAP0000NBK) Or do I have to install WDLXTV on it for it to work ?

My network settings is as they should be, and I have no problem with my WDTV Live Streaming [Gen3] (WDBGXT0000NBK).

The thing is when IM using the WD TV Media (ZAPPO.tv) app I can find the “old” one, and use it. But can’t with the remote app. Tried different android units all with same result.

Dukke wrote:

Hi,

Any of you who know how to get the Android remote app working for a WDTV Live [Gen2] ? (WDBAAP0000NBK) Or do I have to install WDLXTV on it for it to work ? 

The WD remote for the GEN2 is ONLY available on the WD beta firmware.

Aw :frowning:

Thanks for the quick reply.