WDTV on one public IP while PC is on another public IP. How can they talk?

Above is a rough illustration of what’s going on in my house. Fiberoptic cable comes into to the cable company switchbox on the side of the house with 4 separate cat5 outlets (all have their own public IP). One goes to the living room to the WDTV Live box. The other cable is going to the office to wireless router, pc, etc.

Is there a way I can make WDTV see my PC content? Please understand that I’m very amateur so detailed instructions would be appreciated.

I really appreciate any input. WDTV forum users are the best.

No, that’s not going to be possible.

You need to connect your WDTV on the OTHER side of your LinkSys router so that it’s on the SAME network.

Thank you so much. At least I know not to bother now.  **bleep**, big house remodel coming up.

I have 3 usb disks and 1 dongle for wireless keyboard.

In previous versions the USB HUB was supported, and now no.

And taking into account that there are more and new devices to connect, should be necessary to support USB HUB again.

May you help me with this?

Thanks

krypton wrote:

Thank you so much. At least I know not to bother now.  **bleep**, big house remodel coming up.

I don’t know. Can’t you “add a route” in your Linksys router to 73.72.159.66?

Static routes wont help the broadcast packets. Windows home networking requires everything to be one one subnet. Without advanced services like WINS and so forth, it’s not going to work across a router.