WDTV Not Finding all Music Files

I have added my music files to the USB Drive and when I connected the USB drive to the WD TV it does not recognize all the albums on the file just some of them.  However when you browse through WD TV by using the folders option under music it will find all files and I am able to play all files.  How can I get WD TV to recognize all files without going through the folder option.  

tschmidt wrote:

I have added my music files to the USB Drive and when I connected the USB drive to the WD TV it does not recognize all the albums on the file just some of them.  However when you browse through WD TV by using the folders option under music it will find all files and I am able to play all files.  How can I get WD TV to recognize all files without going through the folder option.  

What type of files are they - mp3, wma, flac?

Did you wait for the WDTV to finish scanning the disc.

The files are MP3, and the WD TV says that is done scanning the drive. 

Try deleting the folder named .wd_tv on your USB drive. Its a hidden folder so you may need to change the preferences on your computer to see it. This is the database for the media library on the WDTV. It may be that it is corrupted. The WDTV will remake it and that may overcome your problem.