WDTV Live Wireless

Hello

I have a Trendnet TEW-424UB wireless USB adaptor and it is not recognised by my WDTV live. Is there a way to update the WDTV firmware with any driver software that WDTVLive will be able to use it.

Appreciate any help.

Thanx

Nope.

Hmmmmmm.

This unit will be useless for me without network and unfortunately bought it from a store which doesn’t accept returns. I hope WD support more USB adapters or have mechanism to flash a driver for any wireless adapter just like we can install a driver on a PC (they must be using linux or some OS on the chipset)

I had earlier bought LG 570C blue ray player which supports most of the formats supported by WDTV + plays blue ray discs + has built in wireless hence no headache of compatibility + better interface for youtube (remote has keys same as phone handset hence easier to search). I had to return it only for the reason that  it plays youtube video at default resolution and does not play in HD resolution.

I hope WD will either ship these devices with built in wireless or at least ship with generic wireless drivers that work for any adapetr so that users don’t get frustrated.

Thanks

Murty wrote:

I had to return it only for the reason that  it plays youtube video at default resolution and does not play in HD resolution.

Thanks

You do realise that the WDTV does not not play HD youtube.

Is it? I thought HDTV is picking up highest possible resolution instead of default resolution as the images looked sharper.