WDTV Live Streaming Firmware Version 2.03.20

This should be fixed now.

Nothing has changed for me after the upgrade. I did factory reset after the upgrade (using the special cURL script from here that removes absolutely everything) and 1080p videos are still lagging (if you use subtitles, the first sign is the subtitles disappear and 2 seconds after that video freezes - then if you wait ~20 seconds, video will keep going but you will miss those ~20 seconds) and it is overheating same as beforeā€¦

Hard to help without further info.

What info do you need?

More specifics, sample files, anything. I canā€™t reproduce your issues with my files.

I found a minor bug in the idle-screen clock.
With DST enabled, itā€™s showing the wrong day and date between 00:00 and 01:00 (23:00 and 00:00 with DST disabled.)

One thing I get every few days or weeks is Netflix logs me out
this started as soon as the new firmware was flashed
so its ether that or Netflix themselves

please add the option of volume control on the website remote control and maybe mapping 2 buttons on the real remote control too

and maybe add h.265 playback this would have to be software and not sure what fps you would get
h.265 from play to DLNA in windows 7 context menu works using the to buy x.265 codec (a few probs on 7 but 10 works)

Hi. So, I have a few questionsā€¦ Do you think that is better to upgrade to this firmware? Are youtube, tune in and shout cast radio working fine with it? No problems with external discs? Yhanks!!!

Thank you wd developers technicians staff beta testers it may have taken awhile but you delivered in the end, especially with multi-tasking other products thank you all for hearing all our concerns i know i can be selfish wanting sometimes thats out of my control and i accept that .

Resuming video on network shares not working anymore

I agree on Yuri_Sp. Resuming video after pause not working anymore when watching over SMB network share.

Works for me, are u sure u got write access to that share still? Just a thought - I left lens cap on scope when I was trying to view the Mercury transit the other day! For some minutes too!!

I have full access for WDTV account. Folder .wd_tv does not created as at early versions. Tryed factory reset, doesnā€™t help.

I updated to 2.03.20 today and now I am unable to get audio for most Netflix videos in the 5.1 channel digital audio mode. I have to set the audio for 2 channel stereo. This has not been a problem until this update. Anyone have a suggestion for fixing this? Iā€™ve rebooted the unit, but I have not done a factory reset.

My thoughts too. Absolutely shocked they updated the firmware last month, I only found it by forcing myself to check for an update one last time. lol But the biggest dam annoying bug is not listed as fixed!!! Glad it does seem to be fixed, though. FINALLY. Looks like I can now lift any future WD media device ban I had in place. :slight_smile:

For folks who want the screen space back for long file names in list view, this simple mod to the default themes still works with the new firmware: Flixster Free Mod

Not sure if it still matters in 2.03, but in 2.02 the ā€œAuto Detect Wi-Fi Direct Setupā€ setting was a cause of severe stuttering (when wireless, at least).

I have issues with new firmware. Video control response fails after 20mins. Eg stop doesnā€™t stop video play from local storage (WD HDDs). And needs power off and restart to watch. Also, after same amt of time, videos will fail to load from local storage. Getting frustrated and will like rollback firmware (again).

Iā€™m having issues playing video files off of my NAS server after the update. A lot of my files are coming up as ā€œunsupportedā€. I tried reverting back to 2.02.32 but I am getting the same issues. MKV and certain mp4ā€™s wonā€™t play.

Okay a friend told me about a problem for anyone using a DNS to watch Netflix
the update seemed to sneak in a Netflix update because now in some places you can not watch Netflix
it now says your are using a proxy or DNS to watch Netflix and some people cant even connect

so anyone watching say uk Netflix from the usa cant and would need to un do the update

Overall better. Thanks WD.
Still get reboots when using YouTube for a while or loading YouTube red occasionally.
(Of course right now YouTube app is not working at all but this a google issue I believe)

This is a worldwide Netflix measure to detect and prevent unauthorized viewing of its content via VPNs, etcā€¦ No way to avoid it. Google for articles about the issue.