WDTV Live Streaming Firmware Version 2.03.20

I have an USB disk connected an use Netflix.

fwiw, I upgraded from v2.01.86 to latest v2.03.20 over the air.

When I previously used BBC iPlayer with v2.02 firmware, the box always suffered from memory leak symptoms after quitting the app and attempting to play a video from USB drive.

Today using v2.03.20, I watched two short Youtube clips, then used BBC iPlayer to watch two recorded 30 minute programmes. I noticed the remote controls for the iplayer app became very sluggish/lagged when watching the second programme. When the programme finished and I quit it to return to WDTV main menu, the response of the remote controller returned to normal. Sadly, when I attempted to play a video from USB flash drive, a dialogue box popped up with the Low Memory message and advising to restart.

The WDTV Live Streaming was Released in 2011 and shipped with 512MB RAM

I donā€™t think any Firmware Update will solve the ā€œLow Memoryā€ problem IMO

Then why the 2.01.86 version doesnā€™t have this problem?

I have been using this version during 6 months without having to restart the device (only alternating from standby to on status, and on to standby), and playing fullhd movies from local usb, nas and also 720p Netflix movies.

Since 2.02.32 there is a memory leak (I donā€™t know where).

Regards,

Have you tried watching Youtube Leanback or BBC iPlayer ?

mine says 11:30 when itā€™s 6:30, with the right city selected

Anyone else having problems with Netflix now not working since this update? Was working fine before it.

Can anyone direct me to how I rollback from 2.03.20 to whatever the previous version was - never done a rollback before, & I want to watch Netflix again?

Nope, the only online service I use is Netflix and Accuweather.

I also have disabled miracast, downloads and RSS feeds from web admin.

So is YouTube there or not? The WD post states ā€œThe following applications have been removed due to the end of support for this product from the applicable service providerā€ā€¦ YouTube Videos App

but reading through this thread I see people saying they have been watching YouTube

There were 2 YouTube apps with earlier firmwares.

The older classic YouTube app has been removed, leaving just the YouTube Leanback version.

1 Like

I now can not log in to Netflix it says the device may have been deactivated
is anyone else having the same problem?

After updating from 2.01.86 I`ve been three days happily watching netflix and videos from my NAS without any problem at all.

I would try a factory reset

Ok thanks you
I reset it but it was still the same and would not let me log in
but trying again today it now works okay so Iā€™m thinking it was a Netflix problem

Just when we thought nobody at WD care about the WDTV products anymore, last week we received a firmware update after 2 years.

It focus (obviously) on fixing issues as important as the one causing the complete lockup of the device while streaming videos that we have been randomly suffering for several months. So far the device is running smoothly with the new software.

Honestly I donĀ“t know if We sholud express our gratitude to WD for offering support to a 6 years old device they donĀ“t sell anymore or show anger for let it fall in the first place.

The Apple TV4 can wait for the moment, I run out of reasons to convince my wife to spend 179 ā‚¬ in a device I would use to see Netflix and streaming videos. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m still on 2.01.86, which has the ability to navigate a video containing chapter points using the remote. Does this
new firmware include this feature, which was apparently removed from the 2.02.32 firmware.

Awesome to hear that after waiting for almost 2 years for a fix to 2.02.32 bugs, Western Digital has finally released a firmware update to the 4-1/2 year old WD TV Live [Gen 3] Streaming Media Player.

It has been a long wait, and given the hardware is just the same as the newer 1-3/4 year old WD TV [Gen 2] Media Player BUT with NETFLIX still there, it is great that they took the time and effort to release it :slight_smile:

Hope they can keep on updating it in step with the current WD TV [Gen 2] Media Player.

Thanks Western Digital. :smile:

fwiw, I donā€™t use chapter points but I can skip forward and backwards to chapter points of one MKV I briefly tested. I upgraded from 2.01.86 to 2.03.20.

wdtvlivegen3ā€™s zip has been fixed, but wdtvmediaplayerā€™s still got the pkg-file in it.

Iā€™m looking into this now.