WDTV Live Streaming Firmware Version 2.03.20

Resuming video on network shares not working anymore

I agree on Yuri_Sp. Resuming video after pause not working anymore when watching over SMB network share.

Works for me, are u sure u got write access to that share still? Just a thought - I left lens cap on scope when I was trying to view the Mercury transit the other day! For some minutes too!!

I have full access for WDTV account. Folder .wd_tv does not created as at early versions. Tryed factory reset, doesn’t help.

I updated to 2.03.20 today and now I am unable to get audio for most Netflix videos in the 5.1 channel digital audio mode. I have to set the audio for 2 channel stereo. This has not been a problem until this update. Anyone have a suggestion for fixing this? I’ve rebooted the unit, but I have not done a factory reset.

My thoughts too. Absolutely shocked they updated the firmware last month, I only found it by forcing myself to check for an update one last time. lol But the biggest dam annoying bug is not listed as fixed!!! Glad it does seem to be fixed, though. FINALLY. Looks like I can now lift any future WD media device ban I had in place. :slight_smile:

For folks who want the screen space back for long file names in list view, this simple mod to the default themes still works with the new firmware: Flixster Free Mod

Not sure if it still matters in 2.03, but in 2.02 the “Auto Detect Wi-Fi Direct Setup” setting was a cause of severe stuttering (when wireless, at least).

I have issues with new firmware. Video control response fails after 20mins. Eg stop doesn’t stop video play from local storage (WD HDDs). And needs power off and restart to watch. Also, after same amt of time, videos will fail to load from local storage. Getting frustrated and will like rollback firmware (again).

I’m having issues playing video files off of my NAS server after the update. A lot of my files are coming up as “unsupported”. I tried reverting back to 2.02.32 but I am getting the same issues. MKV and certain mp4’s won’t play.

Okay a friend told me about a problem for anyone using a DNS to watch Netflix
the update seemed to sneak in a Netflix update because now in some places you can not watch Netflix
it now says your are using a proxy or DNS to watch Netflix and some people cant even connect

so anyone watching say uk Netflix from the usa cant and would need to un do the update

Overall better. Thanks WD.
Still get reboots when using YouTube for a while or loading YouTube red occasionally.
(Of course right now YouTube app is not working at all but this a google issue I believe)

This is a worldwide Netflix measure to detect and prevent unauthorized viewing of its content via VPNs, etc
 No way to avoid it. Google for articles about the issue.

i have 2 WD TV Live boxes that have both been working perfectly. until last night when both boxes stopped playing any file format. both come up with the same message that the files are not supported and to go to the help section of the Manual.
i have tried resetting and downgrading the firmware but nothing is working still. the rollback did squat. one box is connected via ethernet and one via wifi, they both find the media and all the files show up but none of them will play. just the yellow spinning arrow then a black screen. i have a variety of file types on my drives and they all used to play perfectly. i can still stream Netflix through it. though if i go from tryign to play a file to netflix there is no sound and need to do a reboot for netflix to work correctly.
what happened???
how can this be fixed?

I just upgraded to 2.03.20 two days ago. 80% of my recorded tv files are .mp4 files. I have watched about 10 hours of .mp4 shows so far. Not a single problem. My other 20% are .iso files. Watched one .iso last night. No problems. I used my Miracast this morning with my phone. The best I have seen yet. Crisp and fast was the viewing. All my .mp4 and .iso files are stored on a network attached storage device. I think even the network connecting is working better. Only time will tell.
My WD TV Live is working the best it ever has. Thank you WD so much for the firmware update.

The WDTV Live is a different device than the WDTV Live Streaming player and the operation, features and firmware are different. A comparison between the two units is meaningless for the most part.

Ah, thanks. I have the WDTV Live Streaming media player, to be clear. Thanks.

I believe the Miracast (you say you used) is an additional feature only added to the latest model, the WDTV Live. Someone correct me if I am incorrect.

Miracast was added to the WDTV Live Streaming (2011) from Firmware 2.02.32 or higher

Miracast is available on all Firmwares for the WDTV Media Player (2014)

THANKS, Joey!
Oh, I called the newest one WDTV Live, when I should have said WDTV Media Player.

well, they’re all Dead now :laughing: