WDTV Live SMP and WD Remote (Android app) stopped working together

Hi all, 

I have problem with WDTV SMP and WD Remote Android Application. They have stopped working together. They worked well when I used those in last time (couple of weeks ago), but now WD Remote can’t find WDTV Live SMP. Both are in same wireless network and I haven’t done any changes to my network settings. I think that new SMP’s firmware update (I am using version 1.07.15) or Android App update (Google Play offered a new version of WD Remote and I updated it) causes that kind behaviour. 

Does anybody have ideas how to fix this? I appreciate any help. 

Thanks,

WD_Fin

Hi, try uninstalling and reinstalling the application, if the problem continues roll back to the previous WDTV firmware and check if that helps.

I’ve been enjoying the WD Remote for Android for about a month now. I updated the app also, and it’s still working fine for me.

I know this is a silly question, but are you sure your phone’s WiFi is turned on? This app is just such a no brainer, I can’t think of anything else that might be causing the problem.

This problem is solved by going to: Settings >> Applications >> running services by looking Application, clean the cache of the same. And restart the app again.

If does not work check if your wifi router is enabled with AP, and if your wdtvlive is the sharing of active network