WDTV Live Plus Time 12/31/1999

I noticed something strange for the past couple of weeks.

When I go to settings on my WDTV Live Plus, the time always shows 12/31/1999 18:00 for the time.

Whenever I turn off the box, and back on, it resets back to this time. It never updates to the current date.

I’ve tried resetting to factory defaults, updating to the latest 1.06.42_b firmware, changing time zones, but nothing helps.

Is there a way to set the time manually or fix this?

Hello,

is the unit connected through a wired connection or a wireless adapter?

Hi I have the same problem. (pls see my other post)

Pery

Mine is connected with a wired connection.

I found the other thread, seems to be happening to a lot of people starting about the same time (couple weeks ago?)

What happened to the others is likely due to the 2.0.86 firmware which is for the Live Streaming and not the Live/Plus which is the device talked about in this subforum.

Techflaws wrote:

What happened to the others is likely due to the 2.0.86 firmware which is for the Live Streaming and not the Live/Plus which is the device talked about in this subforum.

We don’t know why is this happening to the Live/Plus version of WD TV but it is happening. I have a WD TV Live Plus HD and can’t access Netflix, Hulu or Youtube Leanback, and the only sane answer we have found so far is a handshake problem because of the faulty time settings. Sadly there’s nothing the usual WD TV user can do about this. Is all up to the “techs” at Western digital to resolve this issue. Sure, that is if they want to honor the quality compromise to their clients.  And yes, I’m really angry and frustrated with WD right now. :smirk_cat: