WDTV Live Plus and WD My Book Live

I’m having a little bit of trouble.  I have 3 my book live drives connected via ethernet and my WDTV Live Plus also connected via ethernet.

I have each my book live drive dedicated for a specific type files. Example one drive is only photos, one drive is only music, and the other drive is only videos.

My WDTV Live Plus does see each drive. My problem is when I surf into the drives from computer I can see all my files and folders.  When I access via WDTV Live Plus, I do not see all the files and folders.

Here is an example. I have ripped my P90X workout dvd’s  onto the my book live drive I use for videos. From my pc, I can see the P90X folder and there are 13 folders and in each folder is an .iso of the dvd.  However on the WDTV Live Plus, I see the P90X folder, and inside that folder, it is empty.

I have tried the reset button, I have tried restoring to factory defaults. I have power cycled the storage drive, I have turned off and then back on the WDTV Live Plus, and also restarted my pc. I have also turned off the media drive, and turned it back on (under system settings). I have searched this forum and also on google, but with no luck.

I have firmware: 1.04.17_B on the WDTV Live Plus

I don’t know what else to do or to try.  I’m open to suggestions.

Okay after a little more hair pulling, I tried this.

Going in the menu of the wd tv:

Video > Media Server > (my video drive that is a my book live) i see the P90x folder but the 13 folders inside that contain the iso are not there

If I go this way:

Video > Network Shares > (my pc) > find the drive that I ripped the dvds to iso (which is a my book essentais), the same P90x folder is there and the 13 inside folders are there and the iso play just fine.

Why would the network share drive see iso and play fine but the Media server My Book Live connected to router not see the same?

BasherXt wrote:

Okay after a little more hair pulling, I tried this.

Going in the menu of the wd tv:

Video > Media Server > (my video drive that is a my book live) i see the P90x folder but the 13 folders inside that contain the iso are not there

If I go this way:

Video > Network Shares > (my pc) > find the drive that I ripped the dvds to iso (which is a my book essentais), the same P90x folder is there and the 13 inside folders are there and the iso play just fine.

Why would the network share drive see iso and play fine but the Media server My Book Live connected to router not see the same?

Because the media server on the MyBook cannot stream iso files.