WDTV Live - Not Saving :/

Hi There,

I just picked up a WDTV Live from Officeworks for $105. The model is: WDBGXT0000NBK-AESN.

I have a computer (named – COREi3) where I store everything and the WDTV was able to pick up the machine and access the network shares without any problems. I had to login using my Windows login credentials, but that’s all.
I configured the unit to save the various folders and add them to the media library – it took about an hour or so to cache or index everything.
I disabled the option to power down the unit after 3 hours.

I went to show mum how to use it and everything appears to have reverted to default! All the folders have disappeared from my media library and all my login details have gone too! (I did make sure to save all login details)

Can anyone help me out with this please?

If I access the shares from Corei3 on another computer, that wouldn’t kick out the WDTV unit, would it?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Edit - I should mention that I am connecting to Corei3 from the WDTV unit using the option ‘Network Share’

Edit #2 - I should also mention that at no time from setting up the WDTV unit until now, Corei3 was not shut down or restarted.

I am open to suggestions on how to better improve my network and my storage configuration.

Hello,

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed and then try setting a static IP.

No offence, but that’s not really helpful. Pretty pointless actually.

Could you please re-read my posts and then try and providing some actual support?

Heavens forbid you’re actually employed by Western Digital…

Hello,

I was just giving general advise that has been useful for cases like this in the past.  Note that the community is mainly for user to user interaction. If you are expecting official tech support I recommend you to contact them directly. 

To Contact WD for Technical Support:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Update

I managed to resolve most of my issues, but I’m still experiencing one major flaw – speed.
Whenever I try to access a folder or file, the loading time is immense. Sometimes it will be two or three minutes before the folder loads.
It’s over wireless, but I’m running at 300Mbps, so it shouldn’t be anywhere near that slow.

Is there anything I can do to speed things up?