WDTV Live Media Streaming Player stuck when ejecting an external drive

Hello,

I recently received the WD TV Live Media Streaming Player ( http://www.amazon.com/Streaming-Media-Player-Wi-Fi-1080p/dp/B005KOZNBW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357515617&sr=8-1&keywords=wd+tv+live+streaming+media)) as a gift.  I am very happy with it thus far, aside from one very annoying issue.

Often, when attempting to eject an external drive, the device hangs and does not eject.  It also does not let me go back or go to the home screen or turn the device off.  I have to unplug the device to get it back to normal.

-

Which firmware? 1.12.14
- What happened? The media streaming player hangs on ejecting an external drive (the orange arrow just keeps spinning)
- What were you doing? Trying to eject an external drive
- Does this happen every time? No, about 50% of the time
- What hardware and media were you using? My Passport USB 3.0 500GB (have 2 of them, the issue happens with both)
- Did this happen with previous firmware? Don't know
- Does power cycling the unit solve this? No
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this? No
- Have you tried this on other devices? No

Any addvice/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.  I’m not sure if there is a fix out there yet, but I’m sure a firmware update could easily fix this irritating issue.

Thanks!

I would use another hard drive or external memory to see if the problem continues, also check if you have the latest firmware version installed. 

I just updated to the newest firmware, which clearly stated that it “Resolved issue with ejecting USB drives.”

However, this is completely not true.  It absolutely made it worse.  Now, instead of it happening once in a while…it happens EVERY time I try to eject a USB drive.

Anyone else having this issue?

Now we wait for another try from WD to fix this…

Hi, for me it’s the same!

I never had problems ejecting my usb memory before firmware 1.12.14.

I just installed the newest one but the problem still appears… :robotmad:

-

Which firmware? 1.12.14 and 1.13.18
- What happened? The media streaming player hangs on ejecting an external drive (the orange arrow just keeps spinning)
- What were you doing? Trying to eject an external drive
- Does this happen every time? Yes
- What hardware and media were you using? Sandisk Ultra 16Gb USB 2.0
- Did this happen with previous firmware? No
- Does power cycling the unit solve this? No
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this? No
- Have you tried this on other devices? No

Since updating to 1.13.18 I’ve only experienced this once which still means it’s apparently not fixed yet.