WDTV Live Limited Public Beta 1.03.38_V (8/11/10)

I find to, that the menu became slower in the 1.03.x betas… 1.02.x was much faster!

After watching a dvd vob file for about 30 mins or so, the pause, rewind and fast forward and chapter skip functionality no longer function.

shavanni wrote:

After watching a dvd vob file for about 30 mins or so, the pause, rewind and fast forward and chapter skip functionality no longer function.

Hmmm.  That’s been a bug in the Live+, I don’t know if I’ve heard about it in the Live until now…

That’s not the “Normal” behavior, in other words, hitting that bug will be rare.  For me, I’ve only seen it about 1 in 100 sessions.  If you STOP the Video and RESTART it (not RESUME) it will work fine.

Hi,

I installed all betas including this new one in my WDTVLive.

In all beta releases  DTS sound does not work, including MKV, VOB, TS files.

Dolby Digital works fine, but not DTS.

What´s wrong with these beta releases? Is it a licensing issue?

The tracks are identified as DTS in the Options → Sound menu, but no sound!

I connect my Onkyo received using HDMI.

This problem does not happen with 1.02.21 version.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

rogeriopereira,

http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/faq.html#header_removal_compression

TonyPh12345 wrote:

WeeDee, .sub can refer to quite a few different subtitle formats.   Exactly which one are you using?

That is a MicroDVD format, looks like this in notepad:

{26937}{27072}Distributed image is now everywhere spare tickets for the|airport, train station and taxi station and everywhere else

I use Subtitle Workshop, and it inserts the | character when I hit the enter key between the word “the” and “airport”.

But when I convert it to SubRip .srt:

00:18:43,507 → 00:18:49,147
Distributed image is now everywhere spare tickets for the
airport, train station and taxi station and everywhere else

Than it’s ok.

I tried the new beta firmware today, hopefully it would fix the “no-sound” issue of newer mkv coded materal with the new compression. But it doesn´t solve it. Also the speed of the menu decreased noticable.

I describede another thing, really worse for me, on the Idea-Platform. I fear WDTV Live could get unusable for me ( no sound OR no smooth playback) with my current LCD TV.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Manual-override-for-HDMI-output/idi-p/42593

Weldone WD!

Keep it Up!!

I didn’t find any reason to update this beta. I do’t use wd for email and rss feeds. I am still waiting on many features and bugs regarding playback. These are nice to have,  But I never see even one requested feature, except DVD playback.

TonyPh12345 wrote:> Hmmm.  That’s been a bug in the Live+, I don’t know if I’ve heard about it in the Live until now…

Definitely, I was among the ones who posted about it. Watching DVDs and ff several times suddenly locks up the device so all one can do is power cycle.

I have downloaded 1.03.38 and it seems to work with less bugs then 1.03.35, there my WD player freeze often. I hope it will keep that way only problem right now is that when i rewind or do fastforward in the movie it seems to jump little as it self want.

This Beta fixes HDMI for me and my settings stick. THANK YOU WD!

I love my WDTV Live and I use it every day. It is now the best media player on the market.

As far as I’m concerned you can make this beta final.:smileyvery-happy:

Bobby,

You must be crazy. Maybe you always watch the same movie… that’s why you don’t have issues…

Still got no hdmi with either 1.03.35 or 1.03.38v

valente274 wrote:

Bobby,

You must be crazy. Maybe you always watch the same movie… that’s why you don’t have issues…

No, it’s because he has an HDMI device that isn’t bothered by the bug.   I’m the same:  I have THREE of them, and not a single one is giving me any issues at all…    Doesn’t make me crazy…  It makes me lucky.  :)  Actually, naw, I’m in the NORMAL camp.   The vast majority of users aren’t having HDMI issues.

Thank you! 

Does WD expect their customers to fix this by re-muxing files again?

As mentioned in your link, “If your player has difficulties playing such files then it is a bug in that player or in the demuxer but not in mkvmerge. This feature has been part of the Matroska specification since more than six years, and there’s no excuse for refusing to add support for it.”

Well. Let´s wait!

works perfectly here with 1.03.38

ss4200NAS → dlink → wdtv live → onkyo ht-s6200 → samsung ln55b650

all movies ( ~550 total) are 720p and 1080p rips with DTS, some with AC3. Some REMUXes with bitrates upto 35kbps.

only issue is dual thumbnails. please , please fix it.

PS

having DTS-HD audio would be nice as well

I’ve just updated to this and everything seems to be fine here.

Tried .mkv, .xvid, .mpg, .wmv (9 of course), .iso (now with menu navigation which I didn’t have on 1.02.21) and I’ve read through the forums and checked some things that seem to be bother others such as jerky/stuttering playback and slower menu and so far so good for me.

Strangely enough the one thing that seems “broken” for me is that when I power off the player it doesn’t seem to release the hdmi signal to the telly?!? I say strange because that problem didn’t exist on 1.02.21 and does now despite the fact that I believe that was the exact thing this upgrade should have fixed?

I’m not bothered though, I just turn of the telly manually. A VERY small price to pay for dvd navigation and such.

The header compression thing is another matter, but I don’t find it too much of a hassle to spend 3 minutes remuxing an 8GB mkv file.

Sorry to read that a  lot of people have problems, but I’m not one of them thankfully. :slight_smile:

The DVD functionality required a new SDK from Sigma.   Sigma apparently changed a lot of the behaviors, including HDMI handshake and HDMI shutdown.

Update causes my HDMI monitor to show a garbled green image just as in the previous beta. Monitor is Samsung 2494hs.

Thanks.

1.02.21->1.02.38

- I think there is still a problem of audio sync for me but less than 1.02.21 (small delay, depends of video size : very small with in <720, small in 720 and about 100ms in 1080)

• I have a problem when there is a video scrolling, like framerate’s problems (I tried to change manually the framerate but i still have this problem. In 1.02.21 i only have this problem when i choose the wrong framerate)

TV : Sony KDL46W5500

Sorry for my english :wink: