WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor Version 1.0.0.1 Released!

Charlie98902 wrote:

New issue… Like an example title “Angels & Demons” it comes out like this:

Angels %amp Demons

Thought I would let you know. I just went through all mt & and changed it to and.

Thanks for the info :smiley:

The problem is that WD TV Live Hub media player doesn’t create standard xml files, so I had to make some adjustments to this app.

If you download version 1.0.0.1, it will now correctly read/write the & character instead of using the &  !

I hope it will work fine for you now, if not please writer again :smiley:

tm224 wrote:

Maybe not a valid Idea But any how when I hub gen a title no movie sheets the release dates shows in a year/month/day format So when you view it on WD it goes to 01/01/whatever year it was made. I have found that if I go in manually and change that date in the .xml file that actually will show the year/month/day format just as hub gen created it. To year/day/month format it shows the  date on the WD perfectly I am guessing that if you xml a home movie and let your xml editor do the date as it does it just like hubgen year/month/day you will come up with a similar problem where the WD will do the 01/01/year even though you put in the date it was taken.

Keep in mind this is probably a WD non movie sheet issue but it is confusing even looking at it the way you and hubgen have it. So having said that maybe you might want to change the date format to the year/day/month.

Other than that worked good for me on the 4 titles I did very easy to use

You’re absolutely right, it will show the date(numbers) correctly…

An example:

Hub generated date: 2009-05-15 will show like this: 05/15/2009 (month/day/year)

Manually edited date: 2009-15-05 will show like this: 15/05/2009 (day/month/year) 

The only problems I can see with such a feature/change to the date format is:

• How will other tools know what is day and what is month, especially if they switched in some and not in others?
  • What if WD decide to make use of the date in for example a search feature?

As you can see, changing a standard that WD have set for their media player, may result in future problems!

I will however consider this as a possible optional feature in a future release :smiley:

1 Like

Frillen wrote:

Charlie98902 wrote:

Angels %amp Demons

Thought I would let you know. I just went through all mt & and changed it to and.

The problem is that WD TV Live Hub media player doesn’t create standard xml files, so I had to make some adjustments to this app.

If you download version 1.0.0.1, it will now correctly read/write the & character instead of using the &  !

I’ll test it out in a few hours as I am taking a break on this right now. This tool is so invaluable it has helped on certian titles that can’t be found.

Charlie98902 wrote:

Frillen wrote:

Charlie98902 wrote:

Angels %amp Demons

I’ll test it out in a few hours as I am taking a break on this right now. This tool is so invaluable it has helped on certian titles that can’t be found.

Can’t find 1.0.0.1 anywhere. This site still reads 1.0.0.0.

nevermind got it now.

Yes that fixed it!  :manvery-happy:

many many thanks to you. it works like wonder to novices like me. wd tv live hub can not acquire info from for many  tv shows & movies of local languages of my place. now i can make it from scratch right now. thanks again

How can I read local jpg’s (from internal HDD) files instead of (e.g.):

http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/fanart/original/164301-8.jpg

What’s the XML cmd for that?

Gradius wrote:

How can I read local jpg’s (from internal HDD) files instead of (e.g.):

http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/fanart/original/164301-8.jpg

What’s the XML cmd for that?

If you’re using the latest firmware then

you simply need to edit the backdrop tab to:

for example:

suppose i’have a movie called Rango and my folder structure is like that.

folder/

folder/rango.mkv

folder/rango.xml

folder/rango.jpg

folder/backdrop1.jpg

folder/backdrop2.jpg

folder/backdrop3.jpg

just edit the backdrop tags of the xml to:

backdrop1.jpg

backdrop2.jpg

backdrop3.jpg

First thanks for this great program is does wonders, my question is when i use this programe to edit the xml files, then i lose the options when i press options to view backdrop photos is there someway to fix this or did i do something wrong?

Any chance of editting xml data for DVD folders. The majority of my collection on my WD are in DVD format. The editor forks like a charm for iso files but a can’t use it on DVD folders.

1 Like

Nice Job on this. What resources did you use to create this? I’m looking for the XML files which the WDTV Live Hub creates, as I want to try developing a theme. Coming across a lot of programs, themes, etc, but no good place to start. Any help/hints are EXTREMELY appreciated!

~Scott~

I agree with making a change to the program so you can edit DVD folders. There is no "file’ to open, all the files are VOB files. It would be nice if you could select a folder to open and not just a video file.

Also, is there any way to import data from tmdb.com into this program?

1 Like