WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor Version 1.0.0.1 Released!

WDTV_LiveHubXML-Editor_logo.png

WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor is mainly designed for creating movie metadata from scratch for the WD TV Live Hub media center.

The idea was to create info for camcorder movies in an easy way.

Allthough this tool is designed for creating info from scratch, you can also use it to edit existing movie info!

Features:

  • User friendly interface
  • Create movie info from scratch with ease
  • Manual editing of all fields
  • Drag & drop or copy/paste an image from browser or file to use as new movie cover with automatic resizing for best fit
  • Supports png & jpg(with adjustable quality settings) for movie covers
  • Help file to explain all important aspects of it is included.

Screens:

WDTV_LiveHubXML-Editor_logo.png

screen2.png

Requirements:

In order to use WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor, you need to have Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework installed!

Download it here:

Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework

Download:

 

http://www.frillen.dk/apps/xml-editor

Installation:

 

  1. Unzip the downloaded file to to a folder of your own choice!
    The zip file should contain 2 files:
    W** DTV Live Hub XML-Editor.exe** (Main program)
    WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor Help.chm (Help file)
    Keep both of them in the same folder, otherwise application help won’t work!

  2. Execute WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor.exe and you’re ready to do some Movie info editing!
    Remember that this application requires Microsoft .NET 4.0 Framework installed in order to work

That’s it!

I hope you will find it useful  :smiley:

Version History:

WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor Version 1.0.0.1
May 21, 2011

Improvements:

  • None

Bug fixes:

  • Fixed a bug where & was shown as & in both xml file and the WD TV Live Hub media player!
    (It isn’t really a bug since WD TV Live Hub does not produce standard XML files, but a workaround has been made so this app will accept the &character!)

WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor Version 1.0.0.0
April 19, 2011

Improvements:

  • Initial release

Bug fixes:

  • Initial release
5 Likes

Looks promising! It works, but I’ll have to test it a bit further to be able to report potential bugs.

Just something that I was in need of (I need to edit/translate several parts of hub created xml strings). I was using Notepad++ but this seems to be more user friendly.

Thumb up!

I’m very happy that it works for you and I hope it can do what you expect of it :smiley:

Suggestions and bug reports are welcome!

These are a few things that I’m considering:

  • Would a setup package be something that some would prefer?

  • An option to Enable/Disable the sorting feature for the following fields in settings:
    Director, Studio, Actor name, actor role, Genre, Thumbnail, Backdrop
    The problem with the sorting feature is that it’s not easy to revert back to an unsorted list once you click the titles of these fields to sort the rows alphabetically.

  • Drag & drop support for text fields!

Feel free to comment them, new ideas, anything which in your opinion would make it better :smiley:

It seems to work for the most part; however, How do you get the file to stop showing .mkv or .avi like every other movie? Everything else took, just not the title

Luke5181 wrote:

It seems to work for the most part; however, How do you get the file to stop showing .mkv or .avi like every other movie? Everything else took, just not the title

That’s a firwmare limitation.

Crossing our fingers that WD will fix that, soon…

All my other movies that I “Get Content Info” from the net take the .avi away afterwards even with this new firmware. Is this just an issue when you create your own?

Exactly.   User-sourced XML isn’t entirely imported into the Media Library.   So Searching and Sorting don’t work the same for that content.

The GALLERY VIEW will show the CORRECT TITLE, but all other views still show the file name.

Using Get Content Info *does* import all the data into the Media Library.

Thanks for all your help, I would have tried until I lost my mind trying to figure that out. Hopefully they fix it soon

I have searched all over for the answer to this question:

What online movie database is Get Content Info pulling from?

I emailed WD and they said they could not reveal the name of the DB but said it was a major online DB. I’m inclined to think IMDb, however, I know that’s not the case. Some of the movies I’ve attempted to pull info from and received no results, have results on IMDb. It’s a good possibility they are using TMDb ( www.themoviedb.org).

Any ideas?

I am very grateful for the XML editor to manually edit any files I cannot find results for. It’s especially annoying for trying to tag TV shows. I had to go throw .jpgs in all my folders and I’ll have to manually edit each individual file. So I am very glad to have this program to do this.

Kudos!

elquesodio wrote:

I have searched all over for the answer to this question:

 

What online movie database is Get Content Info pulling from?

 

I emailed WD and they said they could not reveal the name of the DB but said it was a major online DB. I’m inclined to think IMDb, however, I know that’s not the case. Some of the movies I’ve attempted to pull info from and received no results, have results on IMDb. It’s a good possibility they are using TMDb ( www.themoviedb.org).

 

Any ideas?

 

I am very grateful for the XML editor to manually edit any files I cannot find results for. It’s especially annoying for trying to tag TV shows. I had to go throw .jpgs in all my folders and I’ll have to manually edit each individual file. So I am very glad to have this program to do this.

 

Kudos!

You are absolutely correct, its themoviedb. You should have checked here first.

1 Like

Awesome. Well it’s nice to have an answer. Do you know if they plan on linking thetvdb.com as well? I know that XMBC utilizes both of these databases and it provided a great experience.

elquesodio wrote:

Do you know if they plan on linking thetvdb.com as well?

You could vote for it:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Live-Hub-Ideas/Add-thetvdb-com-to-Get-Content-Info/idi-p/122660

Right now it’s “something we are looking into”. :wink:

Done. Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure where to ask this so will do it here as it is a general idea to add. It doesn’t remember your last open folder when you save and want to do another one. Is this possible in the future?

Charlie98902 wrote:

Not sure where to ask this so will do it here as it is a general idea to add. It doesn’t remember your last open folder when you save and want to do another one. Is this possible in the future?

If I open a movie in WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor and edit or create info, then it will remember the path until I change it to something else, I’m running Vista!

What system are you using?

Frillen wrote:

 


Charlie98902 wrote:

Not sure where to ask this so will do it here as it is a general idea to add. It doesn’t remember your last open folder when you save and want to do another one. Is this possible in the future?


 

If I open a movie in WDTV Live Hub XML-Editor and edit or create info, then it will remember the path until I change it to something else, I’m running Vista!

What system are you using?

Windows 7 Ultimate. I think it’s safe to say Vista/7 are the same though.

Hmm seems to be working right now.

New issue… Like an example title “Angels & Demons” it comes out like this:

Angels %amp Demons

Thought I would let you know. I just went through all mt & and changed it to and.

Maybe not a valid Idea But any how when I hub gen a title no movie sheets the release dates shows in a year/month/day format So when you view it on WD it goes to 01/01/whatever year it was made. I have found that if I go in manually and change that date in the .xml file that actually will show the year/month/day format just as hub gen created it. To year/day/month format it shows the  date on the WD perfectly I am guessing that if you xml a home movie and let your xml editor do the date as it does it just like hubgen year/month/day you will come up with a similar problem where the WD will do the 01/01/year even though you put in the date it was taken.

Keep in mind this is probably a WD non movie sheet issue but it is confusing even looking at it the way you and hubgen have it. So having said that maybe you might want to change the date format to the year/day/month.

Other than that worked good for me on the 4 titles I did very easy to use

tm224 wrote:

Maybe not a valid Idea But any how when I hub gen a title no movie sheets the release dates shows in a year/month/day format So when you view it on WD it goes to 01/01/whatever year it was made. I have found that if I go in manually and change that date in the .xml file that actually will show the year/month/day format just as hub gen created it. To year/day/month format it shows the  date on the WD perfectly I am guessing that if you xml a home movie and let your xml editor do the date as it does it just like hubgen year/month/day you will come up with a similar problem where the WD will do the 01/01/year even though you put in the date it was taken.

 

Keep in mind this is probably a WD non movie sheet issue but it is confusing even looking at it the way you and hubgen have it. So having said that maybe you might want to change the date format to the year/day/month.

 

Other than that worked good for me on the 4 titles I did very easy to use

I didn’t have this issue on my end (not saying it isn’t there). All my movies are DVD Rips though too noy home movies. My main issue is the use of & comes out like &amp: