WDTV LIVE HUB won't turn on after data transfer

I am having an issue with the hub after or during data transfers. When I transfer a file over my network to, or from my WDTV LIVE hub, I often have issues where the hub will not allow me to turn in on without unplugging and replugging it in. I have 3 hubs and have the same issue with all 3. Western Digital support said they can not recreate the problem, however it is odd all 3 of my devices have the same issue, even when on separate networks.

This is real weird, I can turn on my Hub, even if I’m transferring data. I will try to see if I can recreate this issue in my other Hub.

Are you doing multiple transfer or it happens all the time, no matter how much data you transfer?

I have had the same issue. Uploaded films onto WD Elements HDD plugged everything back in, now Hub powers for a few seconds (comes up on TV) then powers down and switches off!!! Any ideas?

ashtonmd wrote:

I have had the same issue. Uploaded films onto WD Elements HDD plugged everything back in, now Hub powers for a few seconds (comes up on TV) then powers down and switches off!!! Any ideas?

If the Hub never powers up you may have a hardware problem with the power switch. Check out this post and see if this is the same problem you have : http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Help-Hub-powers-up-WD-light-flashes-then/m-p/214258/highlight/true#M11492