WDTV Live Hub - My Media Library, cannot combine folders?

As my WDTV Live Hub was getting full I recently added a 3TB WD My Book Live NAS in hopes that I would be able to combine the content from both sources using ‘My Media Library’. I have managed to add the MBL to my media library but when I select Video from the home screen I am asked to choose between WDTVLiveHub (internal storage) and the MBL NAS?? (seems to defeat the purpose of combining the two sources via my media library if you then need to select only one or the other!)

I have found that if I change the filter to ‘All’ it does show a combined list, but this is simply an alphabetical list of every video file on both of the two sources and is very long and not easy to navigate.

Does anyone know if there is a way to filter ‘My media Library’ by folder?

DavidJ2407 wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to filter ‘My media Library’ by folder?

Same way you set the filter to ALL.   Folder is one of the selections.

But it sounds like that was how it was set to begin with, as they’re only “combined” if you’re using Folder Filter.  And then, of course they’ll be separated because they ARE two different folders.

TonyPh12345 thanks for the response, you’re right I do have the filter set for folder as this is how my content is arranged on both sources, separate folders for each artist/tv show/group of photos, etc. Sorry I could have been clearer with my question, what I am trying to achieve is a single combined/aggregated view showing all folders regardless of which source/device they are stored on. Any suggestions?

DavidJ2407 wrote:
…what I am trying to achieve is a single combined/aggregated view showing all folders regardless of which source/device they are stored on. Any suggestions?

Can’t be done.   If you think about it, it makes sense.   If you have two shares, and both shares have a folder named “Movies” in the root of the share (for example), how would you know which folder is which?