Wdtv live hd , hdmi issue

hello, i see previous post regarding mode not supported issue hapening with hdmi , and i have the same issue … but i have noticed if i use component cables and go to component channel i get a picture and output is set to component… but if i put in my hdmi i can set it to hdmi, choose 1080i etc and picture improves on component channell, but still no pic on hdmi channell …

ps…i had a cyclone before this and ended up with same issue …

plus xbox etc all work in same hdmi port with same cable etc…

any ideas folks?? loved this media player but this is iritating…

cheers in advance…@_<

There have been many issues with HDMI compatibility. Some TVs just are not compatible with the WD box. When you use HDMI, there is handshaking that goes on between the TV and the WD box to determine what resolution/frequency that the TV supports, and the WD box sets the output accordingly (auto-negotiation). My TV is older and does not  support auto-negotiation so the WD box usually powers up with a setting that my TV does not support. However, unlike you, I can set the HDMI output manually (1080i/60 Hz and RGB Low) and then my TV works correctly.

If you have tried to set the output manually (and it sounds like you did), and if a different HDMI cable does not solve your problem, then I am afraid that your TV is just incompatible with the WD’s HDMI output. In that case using the component output as you are doing is the best solution.

Ouch, what version of HDMI cable are you using? 1.3 or 1.4? As suggested in the previous post, try a new cable, also, try a lower resolution that the highest that your TV set support, just to see if you can get image.