WDTV Live Gen3 is not detecting the firmware Update on USB drive

Hi,

I live in Bangladesh and few days ago I purchased Two WD TV Live Gen 3 from Singapore.   One for me and another for my sister.  Soon discovered for few movie file (.mkv) audio playback not working.  So updated my WD TV LIVE’s firmware  to Firmware  Release 1_13_18 (1242013) , latest one. Now it is working fine.

But facing problem with My Sister’s one.  Her WD is not detecting the firmware Update on USB drive.

Following is what I did:

1. Downloaded  the update on my laptop , at Office. Bandwidth reasonable here.
  2. Extract the zip content to a USB drive.
  3. At home my WD detected the update on the USB drive and properly updated.
  4. But my sister’s WD is not detecting the update.
  5. Internet connection at home does not have the required speed of stability.

Pls. advise how to update ?    

Hello,

Have you tried over the network? or with a different USB drive?

Have you confirmed that your sisters WD isn’t already updated to the latest firmware?

I’d answered in the other thread of yours mentioning MD5 hashes. These are in no way necessary to perform the update, they would simply verify that the firmware files you downloaded were copied over to the stick properly. So, you’re sure yo both have a WDTV Live Streaming and your sister’s is < 1.13.18?

→   No haven’t tried on network yet. (As connectivity at my home is slow and unstable).

→  Yes, tried with different USB stick. Also formatted them with FAT32.  Didn’t work.

Confirm , her WD is at 1.06 …. , and can’t play the Audio of the Movies , that after updating my WD can.

Re: WDTV Live Gen3 is not detecting the firmware Update on USB drive

[ Edited ]

Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

I’d answered in the other thread of yours mentioning MD5 hashes. These are in no way necessary to perform the update, they would simply verify that the firmware files you downloaded were copied over to the stick properly. So, you’re sure yo both have a WDTV Live Streaming and your sister’s is < 1.13.18?

Yes Downloads were copied properly to USB stick. Both the USB stick is with FAT32 and they are ok (as my WD detected the update from it).  Also formatted and copying the files to the USB stick several times (just to be sure) , but didn’t work.

I am at office now. But as I remember , my Sister’s WD is at 1.06…

I don’t get online regularly. So pardon my late response.

Best Regards.

As I asked in your other thread does your sisters player show a firmware update tab when connected to the internet. Even if its slow she should still get the prompt.

Arifur_Rahman wrote:
I am at office now. But as I remember , my Sister’s WD is at 1.06…

I don’t get online regularly. So pardon my late response.

No worries. The next time you check in please tell us the exact firmware number, is it 1.06.04?