WDTV Live G3 suddenly started behaving weirdly

well after 36 hours with the 127 dns trick one out of three boxes produced the “low memory” error message!i am expecting the other two boxes to produce the same message in the next hours
EDIT i am trying now the other trick.i blocked the site that causes the problem all together via my routers menu “block sites”
lets see how it will behave

d@mn after 30 minutes despite blocking the sites freezing again!!!

I will be asking again, has anyone tried to replace the power supply with a bigger one?
I did and my box is back and running OK for more than a week with the latest firmware.
Please try and tell me.

looks problem is solved.even with 2.02.32 no freezes in 24hrs now.three boxes i have

yeap after 48 hrs everything works fine !no freezes even without the dns trick in all 3 boxes i have!

Ditto here, as I started the original thread thought I’d check in! I always suspected WD had turned something off they thought they didn’t need any more, and that was the cause - especially after I’d ruled out firmware and the number of responses pointed to something other than busted hardware.

Anyway, I just commented to my wife last night the WDTV doesn’t seem to crash any more, WD must’ve done something, and indeed - here we all are saying “FIXED!” :smile:

Well, good. Seems I don’t have to junk my WDTV after all! And I’ll bookmark this solution for future reference - I can well see this happening in the future!

well in the last 4 days ALL 3 wdtv’s produce the same problem.the movie stops ,moves by its self fast forward then freezes!dam n it again the same problem or should i look somewhere else?

I know this is an old thread but history for me is repeating itself, freezes, lock-ups, low memory messages, the same as what happened at the later half of last year, is anyone else experiencing similar? or it my box…it started 3 days ago.

They probably fired everybody who could make any kind of firmware-update a long time ago.
The only proper workaround is to set your router’s DNS-service to reply with NXDOMAIN for wdtvlive.com, so the WDTV stops retrying every second, leading to the out-of-memory-problems.

For routers using dnsmasq that would be
address=/wdtvlive.com/
added to its configuration.

Can someone explain how to set the DNS on a router so the device stop freezing due to memory leak.

Depends on your router.

the technical support contacted me that they have fixed it.

thanks for the info, could you tell us exactly what they said?

What did they say? Maybe link a screenshot?

just that the problem is fixed!i dont have a problem now…anyway i asked for the SPECIFIC reason this problem re occured!iam waiting for their answer

has anyone tried to use wdtv with microsoft account instead of the local account in windows?i mean link the wdtv via wifi to a pc that is logged in with microsoft account not a local one