WDTV Live Firmware 1.03 (when?)

Does anyone know when the next pre-release firmware for WDTV Live will be available?

I am looking specifically for these featutres:

• AVCHD support (or gapless .TS/.MTS playback)

• Support to DVD menus (playing back DVD ISO images)

• Option to select subtitle color (I prefer yellow) and subtitle bold style  (I prefer bold subtitles)

• Fix the awful subtitle line spacing (for subtitles with 2 lines there is a very big gap between lines - something like MS Word 1.5 lines spacing)

• Improve quality of photo downsampling - high resolution JPGs (7MP or more) with a proportion different that 16:9 are downscaled with a terrible quality (I have a PS3 and an Xtreamer and the WDTV Live photo rendering is terrible when compared to these other devices)

Well, that’s my wishlist for the next pre-release firmware! :slight_smile: Please feel free to add your items to the above list! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

drs

1 Like

drdsouza wrote:

Does anyone know when the next pre-release firmware for WDTV Live will be available?

I am looking specifically for these featutres:

• AVCHD support (or gapless .TS/.MTS playback)
  • Support to DVD menus (playing back DVD ISO images)
  • Option to select subtitle color (I prefer yellow) and subtitle bold style  (I prefer bold subtitles)
  • Fix the awful subtitle line spacing (for subtitles with 2 lines there is a very big gap between lines - something like MS Word 1.5 lines spacing)
  • Improve quality of photo downsampling - high resolution JPGs (7MP or more) with a proportion different that 16:9 are downscaled with a terrible quality (I have a PS3 and an Xtreamer and the WDTV Live photo rendering is terrible when compared to these other devices)

Well, that’s my wishlist for the next pre-release firmware! :slight_smile: Please feel free to add your items to the above list! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

drs

Lets not start another wish list please. If its a new idea when post it in the idea section. If its already there then add your vote.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/idb-p/idea

WD may take notice of ideas but they certainly do not take notice of these type of posts.

There’s a forum dedicated to sharing ideas regarding the WDTV Live (and other WD hardware) called “Ideas” (or Ideas Lab or Ideas Exchange depending on where you look).  There’s a big image link up top and a small text link down below, as well as it being listed on the main forum index.

Submitted ideas can be voted on and WD claim they’ll prioritise features based on perceived popularity.  

We have seen some less popular ideas be promoted faster, presumably because they’re easier to implement.

There’s no timetable for when the next firmware (official or pre-release) will come out.

There’s no confirmed feature list for the next firmware.

I’m pretty sure every single idea you mention is already posted in the Ideas forum.  

Might be worth heading there and voting for them (make sure you search for them first; duplicate ideas simply split the votes and decrease the chances of them being noticed).  

Ideas need to be in separate topics.  Multiple Ideas in a single topic virtually guarantees that some of them will be overlooked and / or ignored by people unwilling to vote for portions of the topic.

Hope you find this informative and don’t take it the wrong way.  Welcome to the forum! :wink:

-edit-

*shakes fist at Rich*

You’re too darn succinct.  

PixelPower wrote:

There’s a forum dedicated to sharing ideas regarding the WDTV Live (and other WD hardware) called “Ideas” (or Ideas Lab or Ideas Exchange depending on where you look).  There’s a big image link up top and a small text link down below, as well as it being listed on the main forum index.

Submitted ideas can be voted on and WD claim they’ll prioritise features based on perceived popularity.  

We have seen some less popular ideas be promoted faster, presumably because they’re easier to implement.

There’s no timetable for when the next firmware (official or pre-release) will come out.

There’s no confirmed feature list for the next firmware.

I’m pretty sure every single idea you mention is already posted in the Ideas forum.  

Might be worth heading there and voting for them (make sure you search for them first; duplicate ideas simply split the votes and decrease the chances of them being noticed).  

Ideas need to be in separate topics.  Multiple Ideas in a single topic virtually guarantees that some of them will be overlooked and / or ignored by people unwilling to vote for portions of the topic.

Hope you find this informative and don’t take it the wrong way.  Welcome to the forum! :wink:

-edit-

*shakes fist at Rich*

You’re too darn succinct.  

sorry.

Thanks for your reply PixelPower and richUK!

I’ve got the message, and in fact I had already entered the AVCHD support in the ideas section a week ago (I was surprised for not finding anyone asking for AVCHD support).

Regarding the other requests - yeah, you’re probably right. I will search for them there (in the ideas section) and I will give them my vote.

And thanks for the welcome, I promise that I will not create any new wishlist! :wink:

Cheers!

drs

OK, here are the links of the two ideas I submitted:

I am waiting for your vote! :wink:

It’s too late to get the next-release released./

pls, wdc cares this problem more!!! thank you!.