WDTV Live doesnt login to shares win7 (invaild usernam/pass) Sooo frustrating!

NewbieKenobi wrote:

Hope this helps others. 2680 posts in the WD TV Live Media Player: Networking section is just wrong :wink:

GEE!   Thanks a LOT!   :slight_smile:

Yeah, but how many of those posts are just new users posting the same problems over and over and over again? 

Would .net framework have anything to do with it? Thats the only installed program in “Add/remove”  that I left that has anything to do with microsoft. I got rid of everything else. MS Office, Security essentials etc. 

STILL doesnt work after reboot! 

boooo!

Im in the process of backing up all my stuff and I think I’ll do a format later. I needed to do one anyways. 

.NET framework is pretty benign.  I doubt it has anything to do with it.  

i have the same problem but i did have it working for along time, i don’t know what happened but now i want a username and password nothing seems to work, i have reset the box to factory settings all that i can think of any help?

Ray2012 wrote:

i have the same problem but i did have it working for along time, i don’t know what happened but now i want a username and password nothing seems to work, i have reset the box to factory settings all that i can think of any help?

Go uninstall "Windows Live Sign-in Assistant.

See FAQ section 2B.

thanks that fixed it i don’t know how it got insalled but that did the trick

Thanks Mate :slight_smile:

I had the same problem, just un-install Windows Live Essentials and it works fine.

These are some other settings which might help:-

WDTV Live Problem-would not let me sign into network shares with a username and password I had 

setup earlier (Standard User). Problem was caused by ‘Windows Live ID Assistant’, just had to unistall 'Windows Live 

Essentials’, reboot and it works now.

Other Settings I have set are:-

Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings:-

Network discovery > Turn on

File and printer sharing > Turn on

Public folder sharing > Turn on

Mediastreaming is on

File sharing connections > Use 128-bit

Password protected sharing > Turn off

HomeGroup connections > Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections

All the options under Public were the same as above.