WDTV Live does not find any of my shared hard drives

I just got my WDTV Live this week. So far it has found my wifi connection to the internet. It plays movies when I attached an external hard drive through usb. But it can’t find any of the drives shared through my home PC. When I click on Network Shares and click on Samba, it doesn’t find anything. My home PC is running Windows XP. It’s connected to a Netgear WNDR3700 router. I have an external hard drive connected to my home PC that I share with my network. I have a laptop running Windows 7 that has no problem finding the shared hard drive. How should I configure WDTV Live so that I can find any shared hard drives in my home PC? If this question has already been aswered please direct me to it. Thanks. 

Same proble here.

If I use the nas everything work correctly but if I press on Network Share nothing happen.

See if this tutorial for troubleshooting helps:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Networking/Troubleshooting-Windows-File-Sharing/m-p/92642#U92642

Thanks

I’ll give it a look

Thanks. I will give it a try. 

I tried the net view at command prompt and I stopped because here is what it found:

Server NameRemark

Derek1Main Computer

The command completed successfully. 

My guess is that either my PC or WD TV Live is not configured properly. Do you have any idea which one it could be? 

Thanks. 

I’m guessing that your PCs are in a different workgroup than your WD.   

Check the WORKGROUP name on all the devices and make sure they match.