WDTV Live (Air) - Possible Firmware suggestions?

Not sure if I’m posting in the correct place here.

I’ve been a long time owner of the WDTV Live, but never felt the need to post… until now.

Recently purchased the new WDTV Live (Air) and while there are many pluses, I notice a couple of things missing.

1. It would be helpful after ejecting a USB that the confirmation message appears (It is now safe to remove your device - Press OK).

2. Not sure if it’s just me, but the Preview mode that was available in the previous WDTV Live doesn’t seem to work quite the same in this one. In fact I can’t get any mode working except list/gallery mode.

It would appear that I have to enable Media Library, but I don’t want to do this and never had to do it with the previous WDTV Live.

1. When playing, the text at the bottom is just too darn large! I am not blind! The text size in the previous version was just perfect!

2. In the previous version, when Options button was pressed, Options were overlaid over the currently playing item, but I could still see the item playing. Now when its pressed I can’t see anything but the options.

3. There doesn’t seem to be a Resume last played option? I can go to a file and if it had been recently played and stopped before the end it can be resumed but there is no Resume shortcut.

Wow. As you can see here, the new player is called “WDTV LIVE Streaming” and has its own discussion forum. Of course, suggestions like yours are better done in its ideas section.

1. if you mean subtitles, why not change their size in the settings menu?

2. Resume is done automatically, even with media library disabled.

WDTV Live (Air)

Where’d that name come from?

I have noticed that name quoted in a few places. Don’t think it’s official but maybe just someone’s way of making a difference in the 2 items - it does make it a little confusing having  the same name.

1. if you mean subtitles, why not change their size in the settings menu?

Nope don’t mean subtitles, I mean the actual title that is displayed at the bottom when a video begins to play.

1. Resume is done automatically, even with media library disabled.

Doesn’t seem to be for me. Maybe I have some setting wrong?

Yes it will resume once I eventually find a video that has been played before (somewhere deep in my folder structure), but there is no icon waiting for me on the main screen or even a sub-screen to just resume the last file I played.