WDTV Live 3rd Gen - Metadata with Moji/Darklight and changing backdrops

Hi there, I installed Mojo and Darklight on my new 3rd Gen WDTV Live and managed to create some Moviesheets. All this with the great help from Tinwarble - Thanxalot for your Tutorials.

Allthough I still have some questions about some things I can’t figure out: After choosing “Videos” and flipping through the Covers, I won’t get any movie-info on the screen. Besides the cover i get only “N/A”-remarks. Only after klicking “OK” for the chosen movie, I get the sheets with all the information in. What have i missed to do or generate?

In the movie-folder i have those files:

movie.mkv movie.jpg

movie.xml movie_cover.,jpg

movie_sheet2.jpg

movie_thumb.jpg

beside of those i have some more files from some earlier attemps to create sheets

movie.mkv_sheet.jpg

movie.nfo

movie.mkv.tgmd wd_tv.jpg

I hope, they are not obstructive to the other files.

second thing is, that in movie-view the background/backdrops change every 5 seconds (backdrop from main sheet => cover => backdrop from spare sheet), which is very annoying after a short time. how can this be changed?

thanx for your help

Metadata aka. Movie info doesent display for folders    (but there is a trick)  *

_Also … to quote what you posted
_

beside of those i have some more files from some earlier attemps to create sheets

movie.mkv_sheet.jpg

movie.nfo

movie.mkv.tgmd wd_tv.jpg

I hope, they are not obstructive to the other files.

movie.nfo is wrong … it should be movie.xml (re-read the guide and check your Thumbgen settings)

as for the changing (slideshow)  backdrops …

increase the delay to 5 mintues eg. Setup > Photo Settings > Slideshow Interval Time > 5 Minutes

4 Years ago on the WDTV Live Hub

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Folder-Metadata-trick-for-FW2-04-13/td-p/254820

Update: A few months ago on the latest WDTV with the latest Firmware

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Media-Player/Folder-Metadata-trick-works-again/td-p/845860

Thanx for the quick answer.

I deleted all the files accept for the mkv-file and generated the sheets again (I had the xml AND the nfo-file in the same folder due to earlier attempts)

I allready marked the movieinfo export as shown by you (just like in the tutorial).

I also tried your trick, but it won’t work :confused:

fakex wrote:

I also tried your trick, but it won’t work :confused:

It does work  … you’ve done something wrong

Hmmm…are you shureit works with 3rd Gen and Mojo/Darklight on it and movies started from USB?

I did it this way:

Before 1 Folder named e.g. “Air Force One” (on root)

In that folder all the files including the mkv, jpgs and the xml

Using your trick (if i understood everything right) i have the following:

Root => Folder “Air Force One”.

In that folder i have another one named “Air Force One.mkv”

In this folder ther are all the files except the xml-file which is still in the “normal” Air Force One Folder.

Correct? Where is my misunderstanding?

Starting the WDTV Live on TV it doesn’t even show the cover or the movie-info when chosen it (maybe because all the files ar in the subfolder)