WDTV HD Firmware Version 1.02.07 has faulty pause/play - fast forward(ff)

Well, only bought my WDTV HD few days ago and already have encountered a very annoying fault:

When using the fast forward feature (ff) or 'next"  feature, in order to skip the ads,   and press

'Pause/Play to resume playback on the selected position, it brings me right back to the beginning of the video.

The fast forward /next feature is certainly one of the major feature in a media player and should most certainly

work perfectly.   I am not sure what to do.  But this is not acceptable.:angry:

Hope, someone can help me.

I’ve seen this happen when playing video from another PC. Think it has something to do with ff through the video and getting ahead of the data in the buffer.

ckeene wrote:

I’ve seen this happen when playing video from another PC. Think it has something to do with ff through the video and getting ahead of the data in the buffer.

Thanks for your reply.  I was not playing the video from a PC. I used a portable external hard drive (WD -500GB)  connected to WDTV HD and Television.  So, it doesn’t make sense to me that  it doesn’t work.

I am not sure whether or not  to  upgrade to version 1.03 .  Will that fix the problem. Or should I wait until I get a response from  the technical support team.

WD tech support will simply ask you to upgrade to the latest firmware and check again before assisting you.