WDTV freezing possible HDMI related?

Ok, yesterday my WDTV started to freeze again… After streaming movies from my harddisk with file sharing for two hours without any problems, I switchend over to Spotify, after which the WDTV started to freeze again…
Power recycling didn’t help, it froze again and again after playing for appr. 15 minutes.

Then I put everything off and also unplugged the TV from the power cord, to make sure the TV was really off and not in standby. Waited appr. One minute…
Replugged the power cords from the TV and WDTV.

And now the freezing was over! I played Spotify for two hours, without any freezing!

Could anybody else try this and report what the results are?

I will monitor here if I can reproduce this and let you all know what the results are.

Thanks,
Ad

Btw, my HDMI settings are “auto”, “HDMI CEC” off

Ok, this morning I put my WDTV on and started streaming Spotify. It is playing for well over an hour now and NO freezing…

I really think power recycling the TV (HDMI) did the job!

I also think when you move over to another service, you introduce most likely another resolution and that switching between different resolutions causes the device to crash…

So, the more I think about it, the more I see the HDMI interface as possible cause for the freezing…

It seems doubtful. I have 2 WDTVs, one connected through HDMI, the other through the red/white/yellow RCA cables. They both starting locking up with the 2.02.32 firmware around the same time.