WDTV Box Won't Read External Hard Drive

Bingo - I have Wins 10 laptop - when I finally got it to “safely remove USB drive” - than plugged it in my WD it all worked… Thank goodness… Thanks to this msg brd for the answer…

It will only display files within the time limit you’ve set (in the settings). Mine is set for one year, so every year I have to copy my files from hard drive 1 (the one it’s not reading) and paste them to hard drive 2. Once I’ve verified all the files from hard drive 1 are on hard drive 2, I then delete the files from hard drive 1 and paste them back on from hard drive 2. Pain in the neck, but it works.

Hope this helps.

I am having the same problems as everyone else on here my drive was working 1 day until I unplugged it to tidy up my tv entertainment unit and as soon as I plugged it back in along with my other drives it tells me its not plugged in and their are no drives listed to eject so I’m quite confused and I would love some help!!!

Try plugging it into a PC and if Windows doesn’t prompt you to Fix Errors then run a CHKDSK. I find that once Windows fixes any drive errors it sees then WDTV will recognize it again.

Yes, I’ve done this to my drives and it keeps telling me that my drives not plugged in and I’ve tried it in every USB port with no luck and this is the 2nd WDTV unit I’ve bought and I don’t think I should be paying for a third one to solve what’s obviously a faulty product!! :frowning: