WDTV boot question

I have tewo WDTV media player. I got both of them from the WD website less than 5 months ago so I 'm sure they are the latest versions.

One player , when I power it on, shows the WD splash page with checking network connection then loads up the home page.

The second player, when i power it on, shows the WD splash page with checking network connection, then resets and shows the WD splash page with checking network connection again and then it loads up the home page.It does this every time. Power up, reset then boots normal.

The process is not slow to the point that I think the device is defective but it is definaly not as fast as the other play when it comes to loading and boot time. Bother are wired into the same router. 

Any one have any thoughts on this or seen this before?

The second one is NOT resetting.   It’s initiallizing the HDMI interface.   If you look carefully, you’ll notice the splash screens are not the same.

One is probably in Standby, the second is probably fully OFF.

Thanks for pointing that out and you are correct. I never really paid attention to the detail. At a glance they look the same.