WDTV and Twonky : photos are displayed in miniatur size :-(

hello forum friends,
still a problem in experimenting with my new WDTV live. my extensive photo collection is on a nostalgic windows xp computer in the network. there is also a Twonky server. when I try to access the WDTV via Twonky on the photos, they appear only quite small, not full. without Twonky goes easily into the correct set size.
am pleased with every tip.
greetings from germany

klaus

tell twonky to stop resampling the images,

there’s also a few images options on the WD side, but if twonky has scaled them to very small then WD scales to larger, I doubt it will look good

if you go into the Twonky settings, check that “WDTV Live” is selected and not “generic renderer” for the ip address of your WD.

markinuk wrote:

if you go into the Twonky settings, check that “WDTV Live” is selected and not “generic renderer” for the ip address of your WD.

i don´´t find any setting for choosing wdtv live or gender renderer in my twonky settings?? i´m using twonky server 7… where is this setting??

greetings from germany

klaus

KAD79 wrote:

tell twonky to stop resampling the images,

there’s also a few images options on the WD side, but if twonky has scaled them to very small then WD scales to larger, I doubt it will look good

where can i tell twonky to stop resampling?? i don`t find any setting for this in my twonky server 7…

greetings from germany.

klaus

sorry, I don’t use twonky, it’s possible, that twonky does not allow you to change it

the better media servers out there do allow you to change these settings

btw, is there a reason, you don’t access the photo’s via regular share, you mentioned that’s working

so why the need for twonky

I have Twonky v6 running from a NAS, if V7 is the same - page 9 & 10 on this PDF

markinuk wrote:

I have Twonky v6 running from a NAS, if V7 is the same - page 9 & 10 on this PDF

hups, twonky 7 is quite different. there are only a few settings possible. i dont´t know where the other settings are hidden :-((

greetings from germany

klaus

Looks like it’s not so easy now in v7. link here

the 3rd one down should show you if your WD has been picked right or not.

markinuk wrote:

Looks like it’s not so easy now in v7. link here

the 3rd one down should show you if your WD has been picked right or not.

hups,

that doesn´t seem very easy. perhaps i will downgrade to twonky 5 which was delivered with my old panasonic tv 3 years ago :frowning:

greetings from germany

klaus

1 Like