WDTive LIve Hub and ReadyNas Duo

Just finished setting up WD TV Live Hub.  I’m using a readynas duo with readydlna streaming services activated.  I have 1 share with 3 folders-Media share with Music, Videos, Pictures Folders.  When I browse from the WD and for example I go to Music Menu on WD  I can see all three folders, Music, Video, Picures under the music menu.  Shouldn’t I just be able to see the Music under the Music Menu.  Same thing occurs when I’m in Video folder .  What I wanted was when I go to the music folder on the wd tv live is to just see music and not videos and pictures.  Thanks.

It depends on how you connect to the readynas…

Connecting through network share will make the hub setting the rules for how things work.

Connecting through network mediaserver will make your nas setting the rules for how things work.

The hub won’t show folders that doesn’t contain relevant media files, but the readynas will :wink:

1 Like

It depends on how you connect to the readynas…

Connecting through network share will make the hub setting the rules for how things work.

Connecting through network mediaserver will make your nas setting the rules for how things work.

The hub won’t show folders that doesn’t contain relevant media files, but the readynas will 

I gotcha thanks!  I connected through a media server instead of the network share(samab option) so it looks like the nas is making the rules.  I have it set up like below on the readynas duo side.  Does that look correct?  Is the behavior on the wd tvlive hub correct by showing music,videos,and pictures under 

the music menu?  Thanks.

Share Folder Content Type

Media Music Music

Media Videos Videos

Media Pictures Pictures