WDSmartWare not loading

After several years using WDSmartWare, suddenly it will not load, even with a download today of the latest version. I get the message that Windows cannot find WDSmartWare.exe even though it is located correctly in Program files on Drive C. I am using Windows Version 1903 with regular automatic updates.

Have you opened the Control Panel>Uninstall a Program (View by: Category) and found WD SmartWare? Click on it and then at the top choose Repair. See if that solves your proplem.

Thanks for your advice. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled WDSmartWare several times with freshly downloaded software from the WD site. I still get the message “Windows cannot find WDSmartWare.exe” although I can see the exe file in the Program files list. I have Malwarebytes Pro and McAfee antivirus on this 2 year old desktop PC and it is regularly maintained . The problem seems to have coincided with a Windows 10 automatic regular update, not a big biannual one. My version seems to be still 1903. Is it coincidence or could this be a Windows problem?
I have today downloaded the WD software on my laptop and I get the normal welcome screen after installation so it looks OK there.
I will welcome any further help or news of anyone else having this problem.

@Chemop My Dell Desktop XPS is about the same age as yours. I have Windows 10 Home, Version 1909 waiting on Version 2004 to be available for it. I haven’t had any problems with WD SmartWare Pro on mine. I have two WD My Clouds, a 1st and a 2nd generation that I back up to.

Thanks again for your quick response. I need to sort this problem as I have lots of precious photos etc on an onboard D: drive which, although backed up on an external WD Elements drive to this point, I rely on my system for constant updating. Perhaps I should contact WD Support who I have never so far needed in about 5 years of using this system.