WD's MyCloud solution too dfficult to use for a non tech savvy one like me!

I am not very tech savvy and therefore, very unsafe in using this device as I am not able to access it through any network except my private one at home (probably due to the fact not to be able to establish the necessary VPN connection to my local device).

Furthermore, since I had to reinstall my Windows 10 OS I loss my connection to my device at all. Therefore, I am currently back to the oldscool USB connected mass storage as WD’s MyCloud Mirror solution is too complicate for me. Sorry for saying that but it is a fact for me!

But never mind, my USB 1 TB hard disc is also a WD product (‘My Pssport Ultra’) and much easier to handle than 'Cloud Mirror but not what I espected from a Home Cloud idea I wanted to reach with the MyCloud solution I never reached in the last 5 years and had to give up at all now :-(!

By the way, the last time I was running MyCloud Mirror (Gen2) still on WD’s OS 3. As I do have to reinstall my device afgain on my Windows 10 machine I could migrate to new OS 5 now, but I am afraid to lose my content I anyway cannot access anymore to. Is this right or only valid for the access to my account which must set-up again with new password but without using the old data?

Who at the WD community could be of help? Unfortunatelly, until now WD’s helpline could not do it in the last 5 years.

Thanks!