WDQuickView is spamming my Mac OS X console log with useless messages

Once per MINUTE , I get the following pair of messages in my console log on Mac OS X:

6/9/13 8:15:07.020 AM WDQuickView[20394]: Updating service information
6/9/13 8:15:07.725 AM WDQuickView[20394]: No Error with getting xmlDoc for URL http://10.0.1.114/api/1.0/rest/firmware_update?...(null)

Apparently the software is checking for updated firmware 1440 times per day!?! How can I fix this?

Hello, sorry but currently there is no option to change that, maybe through SSH access, but note that you run into the risk of voiding the warranty. 

Ichigo wrote:

Hello, sorry but currently there is no option to change that, maybe through SSH access, but note that you run into the risk of voiding the warranty. 

Let’s say I’m not worried about the warranty - any ideas how I might reduce the frequency of the update checks? I can ssh into my MyBookLive already; I poked around a little but couldn’t find anything obvious.

Sorry, if it’s possible I don’t have the steps on how to do it. Maybe some of the other community users can help.

I got rid of it simply by uninstalling QuickView - I realized that was what was doing the update checks at 1 minute intervals. I’ll just check for updates periodically manually.