WDPR4100 Putty Network Error Connection Refused

I recently added a second WD PR4100 to my network and I needed to reassign my original server’s IP address. Since then, I’ve been having trouble accessing the system through SSH. The second one connects fine using the standard port, so I don’t believe it’s a firewall permission issue. I’ve rebooted the system with the SSH switched both on and off and it still refuses the connection. Any ideas?

Hello,

I haven’t experience this. Let’s see if any of the users can share some information about it.

Click the button to get the IP address of your NAS.
Fill in the IPv4 address in putty and connect as root with the correct password.

Loading and saving is sometimes a bit confusing in Putty, I suggest you fill in the IP address with a name of your choice, save that configuration. Do the same for the other NAS… then connect to the NAS of your choice by double clicking the name you want to connect to.

This is actually starting to become an issue since I have to access the Plex directory to upgrade metadata agents. I have the new IP address and I am able to connect via a browser the Plex server. Everything seems to be running fine except that I cannot access the server through the SSH connection. I believe when I reissued an IP for the server, perhaps SSH kept the old IP and it won’t allow me entry. Is there another way to access the operating running on the server so that I can reinstall the SSH on it? Thank you for the response, any help is greatly appreciated.

I’m adding my resolution for anybody that might have trouble in the future that happens across this same issue. I believe the SSH was locked in with my old IP address when I added the second server and changed the original address. I went into Settings / Utilities and under Restore to Default I chose System Only. This seems to have replaced all the original server settings to default without changing any of my installed applications or their preferences. Well, let’s hope anyways…

One more thing: If you do find yourself needing to use this option, remember to turn your SSH back on after the restore. I got pretty bummed for a couple of minutes after my initial test. :wink: