Wdphotodbmerger & wdmcserver pegging 100% CPU

Yes Skiwi the unit is going into standby mode but its like it doesnt recognize it so doesnt show it on the LCD. Hopefully they’ll get us an update soon for that.

Bill my CPU issue was resolved after the update we received in April or May. Since then I havent had an issue with that. I think that was update 1.02.25 but I cant recall.

Jumpman wrote:
Yes Skiwi the unit is going into standby mode but its like it doesnt recognize it so doesnt show it on the LCD. Hopefully they’ll get us an update soon for that.

Bill my CPU issue was resolved after the update we received in April or May. Since then I havent had an issue with that. I think that was update 1.02.25 but I cant recall.

I’m going to have someone contact you to look into your CPU issue.  We need to make sure that this is or isn’t a bug. 

[edit] 

Let me rephrase that.  That this is either a bug, or you just need something reset on your device.  Staff will help figure that out.

Bill_S wrote:

Jumpman wrote:

I’m going to have someone contact you to look into your CPU issue.  We need to make sure that this is or isn’t a bug. 

[edit] 

Let me rephrase that.  That this is either a bug, or you just need something reset on your device.  Staff will help figure that out.

My CPU issue was resolved about a month ago with the update.

If you’re referring to the standby mode not reflecting in the LCD like many others are having the same issue, I sent my logs to support a few days ago when they requested it.  I’ve reset my device many times and it doesn’t resolve that particular issue.

My only concerns right now for my EX4 are in reference to the inability to save login credentials on the dashboard, the standby mode not displaying in the LCD, and the fact my unit is in Relay mode right now for some unknown reason. For over 2 years now it’s been showing a relay connection instead of Port Forwarding and I’d like some insight as to why it would switch by itself like that since my connection here is very strong. Seems like something on your end. I think a change in the type of connection should be considered as a warning and the alerts should notify you when the connection status changes.  Can you give me some insight to why I’m in Relay mode right now?

Relay mode usually happens under two primary conditions:

1. If you have double NAT’ing going on. See, http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/fixing_double_nat.htm
  2. If your ISP is blocking the ports you are forwarding to. To check ports, try http://www.canyouseeme.org/ 

Also keep in mind that if your router doesn’t support upnp, then you need to manually configure your port forwarding.

Bill_S wrote:

Relay mode usually happens under two primary conditions:

1. If you have double NAT’ing going on. See, http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/fixing_double_nat.htm
  2. If your ISP is blocking the ports you are forwarding to. To check ports, try http://www.canyouseeme.org/ 

Also keep in mind that if your router doesn’t support upnp, then you need to manually configure your port forwarding.

My ISP isn’t blocking any ports. I checked with them when we had that extended service outage a few months ago. Yes, my router uses UPNP and so I haven’t manually configured the port forwarding. As far as double NAT’ing, I’ll double check but I’m pretty sure thats not causing an issue here since I haven’t changed anything on my end.

The only tme I’ve ever noticed it in relay mode is when we had that extended service outage a few months ago and the culprit then wasn’t on my end. Again, since I haven’t changed anything since that time there’s no reason to suspect the problem is on my end.

*Edit…  My WAN port ip is my standard public ip address. Pretty sure that’s not a double NAT situation going on.

I would let support look at your network even still.

This is happening on the EX2 as well.  I hope the fix you are working on applies to both.  thank you!